Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby keeps moving during scans!

(15 Posts)
theclick Mon 10-Apr-17 13:17:25

And it's worrying me as I think I'm about to have a hyper child...I have a brother with autism so anything triggers my worry.

But today at the 12 week they couldn't do a downs, Edwards test as it kept moving. They will try again at 15 weeks. Has anyone experienced this? I feel like I need these scans to reassure me the baby is ok.

Littlejayx Mon 10-Apr-17 13:23:25

Hi there,

I am currently 27 weeks now and my scan went exactly the same.

Its completely normal, just some babies are little figits and don't like being poked and prodded at.

They tried mine twice and I ended up having the blood test instead as he/she kept moving!

All will be fine :-)

NerrSnerr Mon 10-Apr-17 13:25:30

My baby was hugely active during all my scans. I also had a number of admissions near the end (because of my sickness, not the baby) and whenever they put him on the monitor they would lose contact as he was so active. The baby being active is positive, makes scans a pain but more movement is better than less.

Hollyhop17 Mon 10-Apr-17 13:40:15

My little boy moves all the time during scans. I have had 16 scans and only 25 weeks. Some of those have been for complications but many have been because they haven't been able to measure everything first time round. He is absolutely fine though I know its worrying. Best of luck.

theclick Mon 10-Apr-17 14:05:07

Thanks all!

I guess I'm also worried that baby is going to be a hyper one 😣

FeelingForSnow Mon 10-Apr-17 16:36:07

My DD was like that. I have not heard of actively moving babies being a possible sign for an autism but chances are you're having a little fidgety baby instead.

My DD is 11 she is not hyperactive nor autistic but oh boy she fidgets. It's like she can't find any position comfortable even though she is not uncomfortable. Twists and turns and also prone to falling out of bed if there is no security in place.

mysecret321 Sat 15-Apr-17 19:35:19

Whenever I went for my check ups doctors commented I had a hyperactive baby and one doctor even said my dd was the most hyperactive he has ever seensmile she is now 5 and good as gold!

DirtyDancing Sat 15-Apr-17 19:59:08

Did you have a drink or something sugary before hand? I found that mine is really active if I have a cold drink before and a food. Also you may have just gone at a time when your baby is really active.

BettyOBarley Sat 15-Apr-17 20:04:47

Just to throw in the alternative, I had 3 scans with DS and he never moved a muscle during any of them even after a sugary drink etc. I was so freaked out, especially as we then got a high Downs risk..but hes absolutely fine!
I don't think it means anything really .

haveacupoftea Sun 16-Apr-17 08:50:38

Oh enjoy those early scans, I loved seeing my little baby doing somersaults, kicking and turning his back to the scanner! When they get bigger the scans are just blobs waving about!

Maggy74653 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:46:19

Every single scan I had the baby has been wriggling all over the place. It's very normal and a good sign that your baby is healthy and growing well. Please don't worry x

brownear Mon 17-Apr-17 17:19:13

Mine is the same! He hates being scanned and tries to hide and wriggle away or kicks the bit where the scan thingy pushes my stomach. I think it's the pushing of the scan thingy that he doesn't like. Does it at every scan.

theclick Tue 18-Apr-17 08:18:34

Ironically when I had my consultant Appt baby didn't move at all! I think it's because I was calmer. No sugary drink but I had just had tea.

Batteriesallgone Tue 18-Apr-17 08:24:07

Don't suppose you could be a little dehydrated normally?

Scans require you to drink a fair bit of liquid beforehand. If you're normally a bit dehydrated, drinking plenty can trigger activity in the baby. It's the standard advice if you are worried about lack of baby movements later in pregnancy - drink a pint of water and lie on your left side, then see if you get movements.

So if you're necking a pint of water before the scans it just could be that triggering movement.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 18-Apr-17 08:51:35

Being a mum is just one constant worry! My DD2 was completely still on her 13w scan. Like not moving at all despite being poked with the probe to get into a better position. Had all kinds of horrible thoughts until I started feeling her movements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now