Talk

Advanced search

Positive tests followed by negative tests...

(14 Posts)
TheLongRains Mon 10-Apr-17 09:34:08

Last week I took five tests, all positive. Thought I'd try again today to see if the lines were darker now (they were pretty dark last week though too), and there are no lines. I've done four tests, all negative. I used the same urine sample - first wee of the day...

Does this mean it's over? How long should I hold out hope? When will I start to bleed? I would be about 5 weeks... Might it still all be ok? With four negative tests?

justkeeponsmiling Mon 10-Apr-17 09:39:48

I am so sorry. If it has gone from positive to negative then this was most probably what you call a "chemical pregnancy", assuming that the tests were from different packs, not one multi-pack? You will probably get your periode soon, it might be a bit heavier than normal.
It has happened to me. It was utterly shit flowers

justkeeponsmiling Mon 10-Apr-17 09:42:24

Rains I just realised that I had bookarked your thread last week (nothing useful to add at the time but really rooted for you and wanted to hear what the re-test would bring)
I am so, so sorry sad

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Mon 10-Apr-17 09:42:49

I have had 3 chemicals all with different symptoms at the end - tho same sad result. 1 was a normal period. 1 really really painful and last one was lots of blood. . Just so you are prepared. . Sorry also. They are shit. flowers

justkeeponsmiling Mon 10-Apr-17 09:44:55

I'm sorry I will stop spamming your thread soon! But I just re-read your OP. I would get another test, maybe a different brand (not digital though!) and try again with tomorrow morning's sample. I would say brace yourself for a negative though...

TheLongRains Mon 10-Apr-17 11:24:51

Crap. I'll get another test brand but won't hold out hope then sad my husband is being so optimistic about this probably just being a blip and everything is actually fine...i don't think he's being realistic, sadly. Four tests (yup, different ones, not from a multipack) all being negative is pretty clear I think sad

Crap crap crap.

Not the outcome I was hoping for when I started my other thread, just sad thanks for the good wishes though.

SorryForCallingYourMumACunt Mon 10-Apr-17 11:43:36

what brand showed the BFP?

TheLongRains Mon 10-Apr-17 11:47:10

They were these ones... They're all I've ever used, but they were correct for my last baby, and haven't given a false positive before... Di you think it could have been a false positive? My periods as usually bang on regular and it's now five days late too.

SorryForCallingYourMumACunt Mon 10-Apr-17 12:24:36

Well, no. Continual positives and a late period does indeed indicate pregnancy. I asked in case you used Superdrug, they are throwing out false positives left right and centre.

Have you tried a FRER?

Do you have a pic of the tests you have taken?

TheLongRains Mon 10-Apr-17 13:18:50

I remember reading something about Superdrug tests years ago, so have never bothered using them - you'd have thought they'd have fixed that problem in the post five years or so...smile

I'm popping out this afternoon, so will pick up a FRER for tomorrow morning. Clutching any straw that might give me any hope right now.

I didn't photograph any of the other tests after the first one I took. They were all lines within seconds, after the first one, which was kinda light and appeared within thirty seconds or so.

TheLongRains Mon 10-Apr-17 13:22:33

This was the first one I took. I posted on here about it as I couldn't quite decide if I was seeing things, but after this one they appeared faster and were much clearer.

Ho hum sad FRER tomorrow it is.

Does anyone know how many days after a negative test I should expect my period? Just so I have some idea...

ifeellikechickentonight Mon 10-Apr-17 15:08:59

When I mc last year at 5.5 weeks I started spotting and got a BFN the day before my period came. Was a complete shock about 4/5 days after my BFP. I don't know at what point in those 4/5 days the test would have turned to negative.

I had another CP last week but the tests never turned negative, AF came in the afternoon on the third day running of POAS and getting very faint BFPs on different brand tests. The strongest positive line yet was just hours before AF arrived.

ifeellikechickentonight Mon 10-Apr-17 15:11:20

Sorry for what you're going through longreins I'm just entering the fertile window again after a chemical pregnancy 9 days ago so I know how crap all this is

SorryForCallingYourMumACunt Mon 10-Apr-17 15:51:09

Ah yes I remember your thread. I'm really hoping that your F RER shows something better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now