Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore throat/cold a symptom?

(8 Posts)
leighdinglady Sun 09-Apr-17 17:40:34

I've just found out I'm preggers (yippppeeeeeeee TTC for two years and lost one baby) I'm only 4 weeks and have the most sudden, horrific sore throat and snotty nose. It might just be a cold but feels very coincidental given I haven't met anyone with a cold recently.

Topsyloulou Sun 09-Apr-17 18:51:52

I've had a runny / snotty nose pretty much constantly since I got a bfp & now 9 weeks. Definitely a pregnancy symptom & not a cold. Had the beginnings of a sore throat off & on too. Congratulations on the pregnancy.

leighdinglady Sun 09-Apr-17 19:32:19

Thank you. My throat is red raw! Hopefully it'll pass! Last time I was prg I found out because my boobs were so sore. So now I'm panicking that they aren't this time.

I'll probably panic about everything!

arbrighton Sun 09-Apr-17 19:55:14

It's called pregnancy rhinitis....

arbrighton Sun 09-Apr-17 19:55:40

But colds everywhere too at the moment and it's

arbrighton Sun 09-Apr-17 19:56:13

grr, sent too soon

it's hayfever season as well....

FruitBadger Sun 09-Apr-17 19:59:54

My immune system is usually pretty bomb proof but the first trimester of pregnancy was one cold after another. On the plus side, I had no morning sickness so I can't grumble too much!

haveacupoftea Sun 09-Apr-17 22:43:22

Not something i noticed tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now