Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 week old sleeping through is this ok?

(7 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Sun 09-Apr-17 10:43:00

For the last 2 nights my 10 week old has slept through. It's been a long time since I had a baby so I can't remember when my other boys slept through the night.
My husband gives him a bottle at 12 while I sleep and normally he would wake at 4 and I breastfeed. Night before he didn't wake til 6 and he was still asleep at 7 today.

FanaticalFox Sun 09-Apr-17 10:46:10

Sounds amazing very envious!

Whatsername17 Sun 09-Apr-17 10:47:55

Fantastic! My 11 week old was up feeding every 2 hours sleep I'm very jealous!

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 09-Apr-17 10:48:49

Sounds great.

My DC3 slept through from 4 weeks (up until 2 years...)!

thecatsarecrazy Sun 09-Apr-17 12:13:00

Oh that's ok then. He was in hospital from day 6 until 5 weeks and they made me wake him every 3 hours for feeds, he put on hardly any weight but since we have home he's been doing better.

littleshoutymouse Sun 09-Apr-17 15:41:04

Dd did this from 5 weeks! Numerous HV's told me I had to wake her up for feeds. Thankfully we saw a lovely paediatric consultant too (for DD's checkup - she spent time in special care after birth) and he said "oh goodness, no! Don't wake her up! Just be glad and keep it quiet from your friends!"

Wise words. Dd still a fantastic sleeper at nearly 2 (although she did have a brief bad patch at 4-6 months).

gettinfedduppathis Sun 09-Apr-17 15:49:20

Fantastic - you lucky thing!!

And if the HV says "Ooohh he's not putting on enough weight, you really ought to wake him in the night and give him a feed"...

Don't!!! That's what happened with our dd - she started sleeping through and the HV insisted we woke her up for a feed... and she was still waking up in the middle of the night aged 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now