Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second miscarriage

(7 Posts)
user1491111724 Sat 08-Apr-17 17:03:38

Just found out I have miscarried at 6 weeks ,

Second miscarriage this year ,

Why is this happening ?!!

I have a healthy 2 year old boy.

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening again 😥😥😥

Fairy45 Sat 08-Apr-17 18:31:29

So sorry to hear this! Sending love flowers

MrsY87 Sat 08-Apr-17 18:52:10

I'm so sorry for your losses, I was in a similar place to you last year so can understand how devastated you must be feeling. I'm now 18 weeks pregnant but last year I had two mc when I have 2 year old DD who was conceived v easily so I just couldn't understand what was wrong. flowers

I went and saw my GP who agreed to do some blood tests, 21 day progesterone etc, which I then took to a consultant privately. The tests didn't show anything but he told me to take a pre-natal vitamin + omega 3, a high dose of vitamin D and a baby aspirin a day which is his standard prescription for miscarriages. By the time I saw him I was actually 5 weeks pregnant so I've no idea if it made a difference but just visiting the GP and the consultant made me feel better, I think it was the thought that I was being proactive in doing something to find out if there was a reason. Could you visit your GP and see if they will do any tests?

I found the ttc after mc thread on mn amazing support after my mc as everyone there is/has been through similar, so it was a great place to share how you are feeling. Hope you also have some good support in RL flowers

Zaberwocky Sat 08-Apr-17 19:11:36

I couldn't ignore this. I'm so so sorry, I know how shit this is.

As soon as you feel strong enough, I think you need to visit your GP. There are so many things it could be, and NONE of them are your fault. I so wish that I had answers for you, but I don't.

In the meantime you need to just focus on taking care of yourself. I'd keep taking your prenatal vitamins, D and folic, eat sensibly, and try to keep your stress levels down. I know it's all easier said then done.

Most importantly let people take care of you. flowers

jinglebellmel Sat 08-Apr-17 19:48:08

So sorry you're going through this, it's absolutely heart breaking. I was in the same position, healthy 2 year old conceived without even trying, followed by 2 miscarriages. I went to the gp who ran some tests and it turned out there was an issue with my thyroid. I was already pregnant again (only just) when I found out and started medication, I also took baby asprin, vit d, omega 3 and a high dose of folic acid from the bfp. I'm 29 weeks now and everything seems to be okay.

It could just be really bad luck, but I'd see your GP and ask if they can help at this stage. Most things are very easy to treat once diagnosed if there is an issue. Good luck.

fassbendersmistress Sat 08-Apr-17 20:04:51

So sorry OP flowers. I had 2 miscarriages after a healthy first pregnancy and felt the same.

Like pps I went to GP and got a referral to a consultant who ran some blood tests and scheduled a procedure (my age played a factor in this) but by the time that appt came round I was pregnant again. I honestly believe that the pressure taken off/ distraction of the tests helped me conceive.

Once you get to the point you feel able to try again, stay positive and focus on the fact that it's actually very unlikely you'll have a third mc. It's statistically unusual to have 2 in a row so we have had terribly bad luck. I'm now 32 wks...believe that it can happen for you . Be really kind to yourself in these coming weeks.

user1491111724 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:58:46

Thank you so much for all of your comments and support

I am going to take some time out and get my self healthy, I'm still a bit overweight compared to when I first fell pregnant so this is playing on my mind as one of the reasons. So I'll focus on this for next few months while I have a break from trying.

I have a really supportive husband and family and so Lucky to have my son.

Definitely going to book a doctors appointment , and I have private healthcare so can always go down that route

So sorry so many of us have to go through this xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now