Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Boys names

(17 Posts)
samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 15:41:02

Hi all , today found out I am having baby boy number 2 πŸ’™ I struggled so much first time around and am already dreading picking another boys name ! Any help please my first little boy is Frankie , I prefer trendy names rather than traditional xx

PuddingPie16 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:16:20

Congratulations! I am the same as you and didn't want a traditional name. I found www.nameberry.com a good website for boys names! Some are a bit 'out there' but there are a lot of trendy and unique ones you might like smile

Hollyhop17 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:48:26

I really like surnames as first names for boys, Harrison, Cooper, Mitchell etc. Might be a way to go as not traditional? Also having a boy and we're calling him Zachary smile

Lemondrop09 Sat 08-Apr-17 18:04:25

Hello

There's a whole area for baby names here. Lots of ideas and discussion on names smile

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/baby_names

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:47:50

Thank you ladies boys names seem so much harder than girls names .
They are some lovely names I'll ask the other half we always disagree on names that makes it more difficult haha .
I love Parker but close family member already has it if that is any use to you girls ?xx

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:49:18

Zachary is lovely πŸ’™

Hollyhop17 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:37:49

Thanks we love it! Been calling him zac zac since we found out. I was convinced it was a girl so took a little bit of adjusting. I love Parker but my ex is called that so DH wasnt keen grin

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:42:07

Aw I can't wait to be able to refer to him as a name it's lovely isn't it . Oh dear definitely not a good choice then Haha xx

ineedcoffeecoffeecoffee Sat 08-Apr-17 20:47:09

I love Eli and Hudson. I'm having a girl but those were on my list for a boy 😊

Hollyhop17 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:51:53

Yeah I think it helps massively with bonding. We love talking to him, reading to him and it feels more personal using his name. Hope you can agree on a name soon! How far along are you?

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 22:54:21

I love Eli and Hudson I also like Elijah but partner doesn't like them πŸ™ˆ. Congratulations on your little girl πŸ’—
I'm 16 weeks so still got a long way to go but I best make a start soon it will take us that long to find something we both like ahha
What is your opinion on Harlow ?xxx

InsaneMummyOfThree Sun 09-Apr-17 00:03:58

I love Parker but I know a few so it's starting to get popular. What about Arlo. I heard that recently and thought it was lovely. I'm due in a week and we don't know what we are having but I feel like it's a girl so haven't thought seriously about boys names. I'll be shocked if it comes out a boy. X

thecatsarecrazy Sun 09-Apr-17 07:00:12

I struggled with a boys name. I had 2 boys names I liked and already used them on my 2 sons. 3rd boy came along we went with Tristan after I watched stardust smile I thought yes I like that. My husband liked it too.

mammytoonebabyboy Sun 09-Apr-17 07:17:32

If your stuck, I'd recommend watching something on tv that you like. I grew up with my dad and grandad having a garage and an obsession with old cars and bikes, first time I went on a bike I was 8 and then I became obsessed too..anyway I watched an old American chopper and they were redoing a Harley Davidson. I'm 37 weeks now and that's my little boys name, Harleysmile most names you seen on tv are unusual too x

Tweedledee3Tweedledum Sun 09-Apr-17 10:35:49

My favourites are Jack and Aidan.

ineedcoffeecoffeecoffee Mon 10-Apr-17 00:26:52

Thank you. I'm 36 weeks and we have only just agreed on a name. I like Harlow and Tristan too. thecats I fell in love with the name Tristan from the film Legends of the falls.

thecatsarecrazy Mon 10-Apr-17 08:08:05

Its a good name isn't it. I wanted something that's not to unusual but not a name that's used a lot but people keep pronouncing it Trist- ean

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now Β»

Already registered? Log in with: