Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Boys names

(17 Posts)
samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 15:41:02

Hi all , today found out I am having baby boy number 2 💙 I struggled so much first time around and am already dreading picking another boys name ! Any help please my first little boy is Frankie , I prefer trendy names rather than traditional xx

PuddingPie16 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:16:20

Congratulations! I am the same as you and didn't want a traditional name. I found www.nameberry.com a good website for boys names! Some are a bit 'out there' but there are a lot of trendy and unique ones you might like smile

Hollyhop17 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:48:26

I really like surnames as first names for boys, Harrison, Cooper, Mitchell etc. Might be a way to go as not traditional? Also having a boy and we're calling him Zachary smile

Lemondrop09 Sat 08-Apr-17 18:04:25

Hello

There's a whole area for baby names here. Lots of ideas and discussion on names smile

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/baby_names

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:47:50

Thank you ladies boys names seem so much harder than girls names .
They are some lovely names I'll ask the other half we always disagree on names that makes it more difficult haha .
I love Parker but close family member already has it if that is any use to you girls ?xx

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:49:18

Zachary is lovely 💙

Hollyhop17 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:37:49

Thanks we love it! Been calling him zac zac since we found out. I was convinced it was a girl so took a little bit of adjusting. I love Parker but my ex is called that so DH wasnt keen grin

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:42:07

Aw I can't wait to be able to refer to him as a name it's lovely isn't it . Oh dear definitely not a good choice then Haha xx

ineedcoffeecoffeecoffee Sat 08-Apr-17 20:47:09

I love Eli and Hudson. I'm having a girl but those were on my list for a boy 😊

Hollyhop17 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:51:53

Yeah I think it helps massively with bonding. We love talking to him, reading to him and it feels more personal using his name. Hope you can agree on a name soon! How far along are you?

samm10 Sat 08-Apr-17 22:54:21

I love Eli and Hudson I also like Elijah but partner doesn't like them 🙈. Congratulations on your little girl 💗
I'm 16 weeks so still got a long way to go but I best make a start soon it will take us that long to find something we both like ahha
What is your opinion on Harlow ?xxx

InsaneMummyOfThree Sun 09-Apr-17 00:03:58

I love Parker but I know a few so it's starting to get popular. What about Arlo. I heard that recently and thought it was lovely. I'm due in a week and we don't know what we are having but I feel like it's a girl so haven't thought seriously about boys names. I'll be shocked if it comes out a boy. X

thecatsarecrazy Sun 09-Apr-17 07:00:12

I struggled with a boys name. I had 2 boys names I liked and already used them on my 2 sons. 3rd boy came along we went with Tristan after I watched stardust smile I thought yes I like that. My husband liked it too.

mammytoonebabyboy Sun 09-Apr-17 07:17:32

If your stuck, I'd recommend watching something on tv that you like. I grew up with my dad and grandad having a garage and an obsession with old cars and bikes, first time I went on a bike I was 8 and then I became obsessed too..anyway I watched an old American chopper and they were redoing a Harley Davidson. I'm 37 weeks now and that's my little boys name, Harleysmile most names you seen on tv are unusual too x

Tweedledee3Tweedledum Sun 09-Apr-17 10:35:49

My favourites are Jack and Aidan.

ineedcoffeecoffeecoffee Mon 10-Apr-17 00:26:52

Thank you. I'm 36 weeks and we have only just agreed on a name. I like Harlow and Tristan too. thecats I fell in love with the name Tristan from the film Legends of the falls.

thecatsarecrazy Mon 10-Apr-17 08:08:05

Its a good name isn't it. I wanted something that's not to unusual but not a name that's used a lot but people keep pronouncing it Trist- ean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now