We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think i have a stomach bug? Please help.

(4 Posts)
gemgems2214 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:12:26

Two nights ago i ended up in hospital with suspected appendicitis due to low temperature , vomiting severely and pain on right side.. Did all usual checks and rules that out. Did full body ultrasound and found dilated kidneys (which they said was normal part of pregnancy as baby is fine) and put me on a drip and sent me home. Had one loose stool yesterday.. And was fine all day. However.. This morning i am constantly on the loo with watery diarhea and nothing i do is helping.. Im 22 weeks pregnant . what can i do? Is this just a bug or should i ring the hospital? I feel fine no sickness just the other end..

Snowflakes1122 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:41:52

Given you have just come out of hospital, I'd call to see what they say.
It's likely you picked up a bug (probably whilst in hospital)

I had a horrible sickness bug a few weeks ago and felt terrible. Baby is well protected though.the main thing is to keep hydrated
Get well soon flowers

Linner83 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:45:39

I've just had food
Poisoning for 10 days- called maternity unit they weren't bothered and said baby girl yes be fine, called me gp who sent of bloods, stool sample and prescribed me dirolyte sachets ( don't think I spelt it right) and antisickness medication and it did pass
Baby is fine it was just me that felt rubbish

Stool sample results showed I had had campylobacter - still no idea where I got it from

SarahOoo Sat 08-Apr-17 08:35:16

I had norovirus at 17 weeks, was awful. Ended up on fluids in hospital as I was so dehydrated. Keep up your fluids, it's good you are not being sick too, I had it both ends so no chance of staying hydrated! Agree with above, you probably picked it up from the hospital 😢

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now