Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements and loss of symptoms

(5 Posts)
NoahsMummy22 Fri 07-Apr-17 23:12:42

Hi, I'm 28+3 with a very active little boy. His movements vary between 35 to 45 per day, averaging around 40, yet today he has only moved 22 times in 24 hours. Also his movements and kicks are normally very strong and powerful, often painful! Yet today they've been so slight and subtle... this all coupled with the loss of symptoms, for example I normally pee a million times a day yet today I've barley been at all, despite drinking the same (if not more due to having bloods taken) and normally have verrrry heavy discharge to the point where I had to get it checked at hospital to make sure my waters weren't leaking! Yet today, I've had nothing... am I worrying over nothing? I know 22 movements is still probably a sufficient amount, it's just not like my little boy at all.
Thanks in advance!

MrsWildermac Fri 07-Apr-17 23:16:10

The guidelines are that if you're in doubt, get it checked out. It could well be that he has turned and so the movements you are feeling are different, but it might be worth phoning your triage and asking their advice.

kathrynelizabeth3005 Fri 07-Apr-17 23:23:08

Please ring your maternity unit and get yourself to the hospital asap so he can be monitored. It's likely that it's nothing but it does need to be checked so they can confirm baby is okay.

DuggeeHugs Sat 08-Apr-17 01:34:11

Call your FHU and they'll monitor baby as movement is reduced for you. It won't be a bother or a fuss from their point of view. Hopefully all will be well and you will soon feel reassured.

INeedNewShoes Sat 08-Apr-17 01:41:19

Anything outside your baby's normal movements pattern ought to be checked. There's no harm in going along for monitoring. My maternity unit actively encourage you to phone if you're ever concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now