We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are your most random pregnancy side effects?

(96 Posts)
DirtyDancing Fri 07-Apr-17 20:17:51

Second baby and I have had all the 'unique' ones this time. Including...

My nose has grown
Skin tag
A pregnancy 'tumour' on my gum

Last time I swelled up like a ballon around this point (38 weeks), so waiting for that one too. Attractive! confused

ExpatMrs Fri 07-Apr-17 20:21:28

Very vivid dreams (so vivid that I genuinely thought I was on the loo and woke up whilst peeing the bed)
Have slept on my side for as long as I remember with my knees touching - now I can't bear it and must have pillow between them.
Shredded chicken (even just a pic of it) makes me want to heave.
Got the skin tags too.
Utterly joyous hahaha!

lljkk Fri 07-Apr-17 20:22:06

how do you know Ur nose has grown?? (R U made of wood, har har)

sherbertlemon17 Fri 07-Apr-17 20:22:25

Twitchy eye! I got it in my first pregnancy, went away after DD was born and now it's made a come back for DC2 in the exact same place!

IndianaMoleWoman Fri 07-Apr-17 20:29:49

Massive amounts of excess saliva. I had to constantly spit in a tissue. I walked round literally carrying a box of cheap tissues everywhere I went. It was disgusting!

ExpatMrs Fri 07-Apr-17 20:31:24

IndianaMoleWoman - oh me too! Forgot about that as it was waaaayyyy early on in my pregnancy. DH regularly found me sucking on these bland rice cakes in a vain attempt to stem the flow.

FusionChefGeoff Fri 07-Apr-17 20:33:12

I had a great one - my urticaria (weird allergy to everything and nothing that made me break out in hives unless I took daily antihistamines) completely vanished!

DirtyDancing Fri 07-Apr-17 20:34:01

Expat- that is random, not heard of that one before!!

IIjkk - ha ha! It just seems so massive!!! Like it's swollen. It's the strangest thing. I tried to slim it with some bronzing powered today but I just ended up highlighting it more I think!! blush

EssentialHummus Fri 07-Apr-17 20:36:01

I've basically gone vegetarian, with outbreaks of McDonalds. Can't stand meat that looks like meat.

DirtyDancing Fri 07-Apr-17 20:40:01

Fusion you've had a kind of pregnancy reversal then!

haveacupoftea Fri 07-Apr-17 20:41:15

Bits of my teeth crumbling off confused

Mummybear8 Fri 07-Apr-17 20:41:25

Wanting to eat bleach and shower gel...only Radox green though. Never did it but I imagine it would be vile and not at all citrusy fresh as I'd hoped.
Or
A trapped nerve in my lower back. The sort that make your legs drop from underneath you, not from the pain, but just the feeling of complete jelly-legs unsteadiness. Fun times! grin

thecatsarecrazy Fri 07-Apr-17 20:41:40

I had weird smell cravings. Potatoes, petrol fumes, musty wet mornings, white spirit, furniture polish

norbert23 Fri 07-Apr-17 20:42:51

Super sore ears! so much so that I thought I needed new pillows and could hardly sleep. The joys!

Waitingonasmile Fri 07-Apr-17 20:42:55

Always thirsty and no amount of water satisfied it.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:06:40

Dribbling a lot. Like, wet pillow in the morning sort of dribbling.
The pregnancy dog nose - I once sniffed out a small pool of water that was collecting in the cutlery drawer and going musty; I felt like a bloodhound
I had a brown patch over my face, like a butterfly. I managed to get away with it because it was summer so it looked like I was really tanned, but it took 6 months to fade and is still there a bit now after 18 months. In the hospital the head midwife brought all the student midwives round to see my face as it's quite unusual apparently.

NonsensicalNonsense Fri 07-Apr-17 21:06:53

So many! Dribbling whilst sleeping A LOT, cannot sleep without pillow between my knees and ankles too, craving fruit and chocolate, cleaning the windows obsession. So many more that i cant think of right now!

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:07:55

^^ my tanned appearance was unusual, not my actual face. Or at least not so unusual that students needed to witness me!

ExpatMrs Fri 07-Apr-17 21:10:51

OP do you know if you're having a boy by any chance?
Only because one of the recent old wives tales I've been told was....
"Oh you're definitely having a girl cos your nose gets bigger when you're having a boy and yours hasn't changed"
I'm due any day now so I'll let you know if that wisdom comes true as I don't know the gender of our baby! Hahaha.

harrietm87 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:26:59

waiting I have the extreme thirst too - keep waking up in the night so thirsty!

namechangingisgamechanging Fri 07-Apr-17 21:58:02

The nosebleeds! They were epic. I sneezed once in the shower and it looked like the scene from Psycho.

FartnissEverbeans Fri 07-Apr-17 22:09:56

I bought a sponge just so that I could chew it

JonSnowsWhore Fri 07-Apr-17 22:23:51

Nosebleeds, dry mouth, but still managing to dribble at night hmm I get a random fast/hard heartbeat that no one has an explanation for.

Pain. Just bloody pain absolutely everywhere! Incontinence, that's a bloody fun one I tell ya, My bit need a bloody good airing from the amount of pads I've been wearing 🙈 it's a wonderful time...

NonsensicalNonsense Fri 07-Apr-17 22:36:31

Oh yes the palpitations!! Such fun !

Notsure1234 Fri 07-Apr-17 22:38:52

New baby hairs. Loads of them. Not only has my hair got generally thicker/glossier but I have so many new baby hairs around my hairline that I can't pull my hair back to tie it up. They just stick up and look ridiculous. I can't wait for them to be long enough to wear my hair up but I imagine by then I'll have had the baby and they'll all fall out again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now