Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Terrified before ultrasounds.

(5 Posts)
patronsaintofglocks Fri 07-Apr-17 13:01:07

Today 12:59 patronsaintofglocks

Hi, I'm quite new to mumsnet so please go easy on me.

I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my first baby. So far I've been blessed with a very easy pregnancy, little sickness but quite a lot of tiredness.
I've gained weight but as a size 18/20 it's not very obvious.
I've had three scans already, a very early one at 8 weeks to check if the pregnancy was progressing well, another after a mild electric shock and my dating scan at 11+7.

I have another private scan booked for next Saturday to check the sex and I'm very excited but also terrified. Irrationally terrified.
I am always so so afraid that when they go to scan me, they won't find a heartbeat or something will be very wrong.

I know it's irrational but I'm so anxious, and have been previously diagnosed with depression, anxiety and a mood disorder.

Has anyone else felt this way?

Thank you for listening.

Jessiecat27 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:09:32

I think it's common! I had a private 8 week scan on Tuesday and I was so worried but seeing the scan put me at ease. Even if the scan shows something is wrong, it's not always the case!

Jessiecat27 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:10:32

Can you maybe take someone with you? Might help a bit to have a distraction (:

patronsaintofglocks Fri 07-Apr-17 13:24:03

Hi xx

I always go with my partner, but then just before I get snappy and irritable with nerves, I'm awfulblush

harleysmammy Fri 07-Apr-17 13:51:16

I have weekly scans and I'm 36 weeks, even though I feel my little boy wriggling happily away when I'm laying on the couch waiting for them to scan me, I still worry about the same thing even though I know I'm just being silly. At 15 weeks you aren't being as silly as me, because I doubt you've felt baby move yet? So don't worry, it's completely normal to fee like that but I'm sure everything is great especially after 3 good scans x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now