Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Terrified before ultrasounds.

(5 Posts)
patronsaintofglocks Fri 07-Apr-17 13:01:07

Today 12:59 patronsaintofglocks

Hi, I'm quite new to mumsnet so please go easy on me.

I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my first baby. So far I've been blessed with a very easy pregnancy, little sickness but quite a lot of tiredness.
I've gained weight but as a size 18/20 it's not very obvious.
I've had three scans already, a very early one at 8 weeks to check if the pregnancy was progressing well, another after a mild electric shock and my dating scan at 11+7.

I have another private scan booked for next Saturday to check the sex and I'm very excited but also terrified. Irrationally terrified.
I am always so so afraid that when they go to scan me, they won't find a heartbeat or something will be very wrong.

I know it's irrational but I'm so anxious, and have been previously diagnosed with depression, anxiety and a mood disorder.

Has anyone else felt this way?

Thank you for listening.

Jessiecat27 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:09:32

I think it's common! I had a private 8 week scan on Tuesday and I was so worried but seeing the scan put me at ease. Even if the scan shows something is wrong, it's not always the case!

Jessiecat27 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:10:32

Can you maybe take someone with you? Might help a bit to have a distraction (:

patronsaintofglocks Fri 07-Apr-17 13:24:03

Hi xx

I always go with my partner, but then just before I get snappy and irritable with nerves, I'm awfulblush

harleysmammy Fri 07-Apr-17 13:51:16

I have weekly scans and I'm 36 weeks, even though I feel my little boy wriggling happily away when I'm laying on the couch waiting for them to scan me, I still worry about the same thing even though I know I'm just being silly. At 15 weeks you aren't being as silly as me, because I doubt you've felt baby move yet? So don't worry, it's completely normal to fee like that but I'm sure everything is great especially after 3 good scans x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: