Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Work and pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Elkalv Thu 06-Apr-17 23:48:06

I am 24-25 weeks and it becomes obvious to colleagues. So I had couple of people congratulating me on this, but then I am not sure if I need to announce to everyone , as I guess people wonder. At the same time I feel very shy talking about it and would like to avoid it if possible. What are your experiences? I work with 95% men so makes it even more awkward.

DinosaurFanGirl Thu 06-Apr-17 23:53:29

As long as your HR and line managers know you don't need to announce it to everyone. I just let people in my department know and then it filtered down the grape vine. Xx

Cheesenacho123 Fri 07-Apr-17 00:00:42

I agree with above, I told my bosses and I only said I was pregnant to everyone else when they noticed or someone pointed it out and I had no other choice to say. I did get sick of people asking though towards the end, I just wanted a giant sticker to put on my head that said yes I am pregnant and no I do not wish to tell you 'how it happened'. I think I repeated myself maybe 30x a night and I worked three to five nights a week

Cheesenacho123 Fri 07-Apr-17 00:04:23

In the end I just said thanks and was polite about only answering what I wanted to when someone asked what sex is the baby?, what is his/her name?, how many weeks are you?, when are you due?, where are you having the baby? and are you married to the father?

user1471495191 Fri 07-Apr-17 00:05:04

I am having this very issue at the moment. Told my boss and immediate team / closest contacts but boss is trying to insist on a formal email announcement. hmm
Lots of office gossip but if anything this makes me less keen to say anything to those particular people envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now