Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Newly pregnant; emotional, anxious and wishing I could have a G&T!!

(8 Posts)
BerkshireBorn Thu 06-Apr-17 18:32:56

Hello! I'm new to... well... all of this!!
Found out I'm pregnant last weekend when I took a test (first weekend without the in laws in a long time so it was a lovely surprise on two counts...)

Have only recently moved to new area, so hurriedly registered at a GPs then took two days to call to find out I don't need an appointment until 8 weeks... so that's booked... but now... I just have to keep this massive secret!!

Feeling bloated, a bit achey, emotional, hungry, incredibly anxious; I am NOT prepared for this!

Wish I could have a G&T right now! Have found "seedlip" on Amazon as a gin alternative and considering ordering a bottle - anyone tried it?!

So basically - HI!!!! I'm really scared!!!!!! Also delighted there's somewhere I can share this secret!!!!!!! EEEEEEK!

OnNaturesCourse Thu 06-Apr-17 18:47:16

Hello!

It's super scary! Have you told your partner? My poor partner gets a earful every night after a full day at work not talking about it!!

I'm 6+2 ... How far along are you?

shakeyospeare Thu 06-Apr-17 19:36:50

Hello!

Me too smile I think I'm about 6+5, exhausted, achey, a bit grumpy, and horrible backache.

It gets better (and then you can't bend down to do your laces up grin)

This is my 3rd and I'm quite enjoying having a little secret from everyone!

Frillyhorseyknickers Thu 06-Apr-17 20:41:03

Congratulations!

The bad news is there are no decent alcohol free versions of anything if you actually like drinking. I bought the seedlip (how much?!) and its definitely NOT gin.

BerkshireBorn Fri 07-Apr-17 15:46:31

I think I'm about 7 weeks 4 days from what my hubby and I worked out - the GPs were adorable because we worked out I was further gone than we thought so have rearranged the appointment twice!!

I told my partner as soon as I took the test - so we went out for a slap up breakfast hahaha!

Finding it very difficult not telling my mum - we talk every day! Xxx

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you new mums too!

When does the fear go away?!

Occadodo Fri 07-Apr-17 15:48:02

We told parents ...... no matter what happens you will need their support!

Foggymist Fri 07-Apr-17 17:20:31

I'm so jealous that you're 7+4 and just found out, I'm 7+4 and have known for nearly 4 loooong weeks!!

Tell your mum if you want to, I don't like to tell anyone for a long time despite talking to my mum every day too, but if you want to there's nothing stopping you smile

ERog84 Thu 13-Apr-17 21:04:50

I've just found out and am only 3+5, only know so early because I've been having fertility assistance. So nervous now and am guessing by what you're all saying I've got a long wait until I can see a doctor ☹️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now