Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The end is in sight (or is it?!!) Anyone fancy a late pregnancy lighthearted chat/moan thread?!

(17 Posts)
marmitecheesetoast Thu 06-Apr-17 14:15:39

39 weeks here which feels very surreal, no idea where the last 9 months have actually gone and part of me feels like I just can't see myself going into labour at all... certainly no signs of anything imminent as far as I can tell...!

Currently fed up of:
Not being able to sleep at night
Needing a wee constantly (and wishing we had a downstairs loo!)
Carpal tunnel rendering my right hand into a useless bloody claw
Not being able to reach the sink to do the washing up (though this may be a plus point! grin)

So far on mat leave I've cleaned, batch cooked til the freezer was full and re-organised and re-packed hospital bags about 5 times.... now what?!

Anyone else? Settles down with a raspberry leaf tea sat on the ball....

FrenchFrys Thu 06-Apr-17 14:27:52

Week 37. Can I join?

JJ1612 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:04:45

Week 37 too! And sooooo bored. Still suffering sickness, chronic heartburn, low iron, can't sleep, probably put on about 20 stone from all the baking I've done. Keep getting lightening pains in my lady area and feel like I constantly need to pee (when I do go, a dribble comes out), baby keeps jamming her foot into my ribs! The joys of pregnancy...so ready for her to be here now

marmitecheesetoast Thu 06-Apr-17 15:47:08

Welcome guys! Ugh yes JJ with you on the desperate need to pee turning out to be a tiny trickle... especially at 3am!
I've found leaning forwards at the end of the wee tends to let a tiny bit more out though!

FrenchFrys Thu 06-Apr-17 16:05:15

The heartburn is terrible! If the old wives tale is true, it seems like I am going to be giving birth to a monkey!

Coloured Thu 06-Apr-17 16:07:37

Feeling you. I'm 39 weeks today too and I feel like I'm gonna be pregnant forever sad completely exhausted to the point I just want to sleep all day although I'm trying to stay active because I know for certain that will help progress things — though with my luck I'll go two weeks overdue, I can't think of anything worse smile I'm having constant BH whenever I finally get comfortable, I feel like this child hates me!! Ugh

PurpleOwl86 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:32:04

Hi,
I'm 38 weeks today, biggest problem at the moment is with family coming from abroad..
I have been on maternity leave for about a month now but I never feel like doing anything, so lots of the things I thought I'd get done are still waiting.
I share the upset about not reaching to do the washing up, but promised my husband that's my responsibility - he's been doing everything else around the house...

marmitecheesetoast Thu 06-Apr-17 17:04:03

Haha frenchfrys I have somehow so far avoided any heartburn. Maybe my baby will be bald!!

coloured i'm the opposite, have only noticed a definite BH once or twice in whole pregnancy and none for ages...
Anyone else not having/not noticing BHs? I'm worried my uterus not getting itself in training!

This is my first baby so no idea what to expect really... having a surprise too and can't wait to find out now if it's a boy or a girl!

babynelly2010 Thu 06-Apr-17 17:12:32

40 weeks on saturday. At 38.5 weeks I was told the baby is on her way, mw gave me one week estimate. Head was engaged there were bh pretty regular and it all looked very positive. Its been over a week now, baby is no longer engaged, the head I am sure is free. I get bh but I no longer feel pressure down below when it happens just around baby. The house is sparking clean I guess I could repack my hospital back. I did almost all I could. Now I just rest, my mil is here watching the kids , tomorrow my dh goes on holiday so will start intensive walking, curries and all that bouncing :-)

missymousey Thu 06-Apr-17 17:32:08

40 + 1 here. Till today I was feeling great (sorry!!), enjoying the fact I'd been off work for 3 weeks, catching up with friends and getting stuff done. However, I've just been at the midwife for a sweep - I now have the worst period-type pain ever and feel like my legs have turned to jelly. Fingers crossed it will have some effect!

Coloured Thu 06-Apr-17 17:32:15

It's my first baby too so I didn't quite know what a BH was until my MW told me I was having one when she was measuring my bump! She said I probably wouldn't make it to my next appointment (due date next thursdaygrin) but I think she was just being optimistic as the only symptoms I have had are BH - no pains or anything! Wish it would be over now, just wanna meet my little boysad

Boooooom Thu 06-Apr-17 17:36:59

37 weeks here! Sorry you're all suffering (I use that word lightheartedly) but good to know I'm not alone smile
Finding it hard to get my ever growing butt off the sofa...come on baby!!

beepbeeprichie Thu 06-Apr-17 18:12:59

38 weeks. Heartburn Hotel.
Constant state of exhaustion. Cannot stop noticing thing that need cleaned about the house but cannot be arsed either.
Struggling to get off the sofa (physically).
Absolutely zero BH. Pretty sure baby hasn't engaged either.
SIGH!!!!!

beepbeeprichie Thu 06-Apr-17 18:14:49

Balls. I actually haven't packed my hospital bag either. In a minute.......smile

Cel982 Thu 06-Apr-17 18:57:22

Only 35 weeks here but oh God, I'm so bloody uncomfortable! Heartburn and back pain and crippling SPD, was awake from 4am this morning as no position in the bed was tolerable except to sit bolt upright. It's pregnancy #2 for me but I didn't have the SPD at all the first time around so it kind of took me by surprise this time.

Sorry for all the whining!

haventgotaclue1 Thu 06-Apr-17 19:54:57

39+5 here and due on Saturday. Being induced (due to being a "geriatric" hmm) and had a sweep today. Like you missy also really felt the after effects of it - could hardly waddle the 2 mins home - so was hopeful that it did some good. Then had a nap in the afternoon and now feel loads "better" again - no intense pressure down below anymore confused.
This is 2nd DC and 1st was 11 days overdue. At least this one can't be THAT late.....can it????....

marmitecheesetoast Thu 06-Apr-17 19:57:25

Fingers crossed your sweeps work missy and haventgotaclue!

I've noticed an increase in lower back pain and more pressure on my cervix/need to waddle yesterday and today so wonder if baby is engaging further hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now