Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hgc level 17, 6 weeks pregnant now bleeding

(13 Posts)
user1491111724 Thu 06-Apr-17 13:27:50

Hello,

I am 6 weeks pregnant , only had a positive urine and blood test on Monday ( 10 days after expected period)

I have started bleeding and visited the epu. My blood results on Monday came back With a hcg level of 17.

They have taken more bloods which I will get results later

Any idea why my levels are so low and does this sound like a chemical pregnancy? And that's why it took me so long to get a positive test

I mc back in Janauary at 8 weeks so struggling to come to terms with it

Any advice or similar stories?
X

Zaberwocky Thu 06-Apr-17 15:17:00

Going through similar-ish sort of thing at the moment. I can't offer much advice, but I can offer a hand hold.

My first thought with this post, was are you sure when you ovulated? I've been caught out like that before, thinking I was further along then realising I'd ovulated 1-2 weeks later than I thought. Is there any chance you may be earlier than you think?

user1491111724 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:04:44

I have always had a regular cycle of 29/30 days, and I was pretty certain I ovulated around day 16 due to clear egg white sticky discharge. Which I only get when I am ovulating. I might have implanted late and that's the reason the levels are low meaning I am only 5 weeks not 6.

But 17 is really low , still waiting for the phone call back with results from today to see if the number has increased or decreased.

The bleeding is never a good sign tho which makes me think this isn't going to end in good news
Thanks for the post it's nice to hear from others xx

Kidakidder Thu 06-Apr-17 16:08:25

In a way, its the doubling time of the hcg which is more important than the level. Mine was 29 10dp5d blast transfer, but it rocketed, despite bleeding. I had 2 embs put back and only one took. Very best of luck x

goldielocks29 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:19:44

It's the doubling time that's important so hopefully your levels have gone up.

I had something similar a few months ago, only got a positive urine test quite a few days after AF due, a little bleeding, bloods tests at EPU which showed HCG of only 25 and barely rising (this was at 5 weeks). After a scan it showed I had an ectopic which I really hope isn't the case for you.

I hope your journey is positive but I think you may have to prepare yourself for the worst. I'm so sorry for what you're going through xx

user1491111724 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:27:05

Thanks everyone

I am thinking the worst , just because I did think it was very strange to get such a late positive that I knew the hcg level was quite right and the blood test confirmed.

I've called again to get results, the nurse will ring me back when she is free so hopefully be in the next hour.

Just don't like waiting for bad news x

goldielocks29 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:28:11

Thinking of you, waiting for the phone calls was so agonising.
Look after yourself xx

user1491111724 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:36:45

Ok so my hcg has gone from 17 to 30 from Monday to Thursday. Not a big rise at all so not sure why it is going up still?? I have to go back in 48 hours for more blood tests.

She said keep an eye out for pain and go to a and e

Really hope it's not ectopic but with such low levels and bleeding I can't think of what else it would be x

Kidakidder Thu 06-Apr-17 16:56:02

A rise is a rise, i thought ectopic was signalled by high but slow hcg?

I think the site i used was Betabase.

I really feel for you, it is wall-climbingly stressful. Mine as i say was 29, then 45, then 90. The result is running around the garden. X

Kidakidder Thu 06-Apr-17 16:56:59

www.betabase.info

goldielocks29 Thu 06-Apr-17 18:14:42

Kida my ectopic had low hcg and low rising.

User the levels are going in the right direction, hopefully they keep going up for you xx

user1491111724 Sat 08-Apr-17 15:18:19

Levels have gone down from 30 to 26 so doesn't look good. It's a miscarriage again , second this year. Have to go back next Friday for more bloods to check levels 😭

Kidakidder Sat 08-Apr-17 22:46:39

Im so very very sorry to hear this. Sending you kind wishes x x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now