Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Double pushchair or not?

(8 Posts)
emilyjayne5 Thu 06-Apr-17 11:12:52

I'm pregnant with my second and my first will be 18 months old when he's born!
I'm debating if I need a double pram! My first can walk but is still not the best and I've never taken her anywhere without her pushchair!
Has anyone been in the same situation?
I don't want to buy one and then never use it because they aren't cheap! grin

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 06-Apr-17 11:14:57

Second hand is the way to go!!
15 months between dds but 21 between ds and dd. Use a double both times.
Nothing worse than feeling stuck in with 2lo. Not as easy to juggle sling /buggy board in the pissing rain with a single either!

Soubriquet Thu 06-Apr-17 11:18:29

Definetly. Doesn't even need to be a fancy one really. I had the out n about double which is just over £300 brand new.

You can pick them up for about £150 second hand in still very good condition

Lightningflash Thu 06-Apr-17 11:23:45

Depends on your general day to day running. For me, I got by with sling & pushchair in the early days, and then pushchair and buggy board.

But, I have to say I drive and so wasn't out about with a pram all day long, in and out of buses etc. I would just drive to where we would be and then use it in town or to meet up with people. If I was at the shops I'd use the trolley for my toddler and sling for baby etc.

Notso Thu 06-Apr-17 11:31:31

There's 16 months between my third and fourth. We went through loads of doubles finding the right one.
I preferred side by sides over in-line tandems. Babyjogger city mini or the out n about nipper are fab to push. I wish I'd got one of those sooner and made use of the carrycot as I really missed a carrycot for DC4.
Phil and Teds are compact but heavy to push and when the newborn is in the nest thing there is not a lot of room for the older child. My nephew looks like he is balancing in the seat.
Icandy peach is great to push but not much room for the lower child and it can be hard to access a newborn in the lower position.
Bugaboo Donkey is nice to push, and the seating configurations are great. It's expensive though and the seats are not massive, my son looked squished at 2 and a bit. It's very bulky folded.
I used the single, sling, buggyboard combo too at times but couldn't have used it all the time.
It all depends on what you want from a pram. Do you need to fold it, go on cobbles or through mud, get on buses or trains, put it in a car boot etc.

Snowflakes1122 Thu 06-Apr-17 11:54:54

For me, knowing my kids I'd say yes get a double.

The reason being, when my ds was born and dd was 2 she loved to run. No way I was risking having to chase a running toddler with a pram near roads. Mine also get tir d after a small walk.
I've got the same age gap again this time and I'm looking at the mountain buggy duet, peach 3 (had it before, loved it but seats not huge) or donkey.
I'll definitely invest in a sling and use ds in his lightweight stroller though too (depending on my back)

Not getting a buggy board though as personally can't get on with them.

It's a difficult decision!

DramaAlpaca Thu 06-Apr-17 11:56:48

Mine were 16 months apart and I couldn't have managed without a double buggy.

MiniAlphaBravo Thu 06-Apr-17 11:57:12

I got a double pushchair and would recommend it definitely. Mine are 26 months apart as well. Joie one which was only £120 new, less than some of the 2nd hand ones. Still use the normal pram as well but good to have options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now