Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown discharge worried!!

(13 Posts)
periwinkle25 Wed 05-Apr-17 18:47:35

I'm 11 weeks almost 12 and have had brown discharge tonight, is this common or something to worry about, doctors didn't seem very interested and told me to carry on as normal ( typical male) I have my 12 week scan on Tuesday but absolutely petrified that something is wrong, is this normal or something to be worried about? I had a scan at 8 weeks due to the same reason and saw the heart beat

user1474439326 Wed 05-Apr-17 18:58:30

Well the good news is I had this with my pregnancy and everything was fine, but of course anything is possible. Usually bright red blood is a flag, and brown ish stuff is just old stuff getting chucked out as your pregnancy progresses.
When I had this, and had already had an early scan like you, and seen heartbeat, the woman told me if you have seen a heartbeat and are past 8 weeks then your risk of mc is as low as it is after 12 weeks. Most miscarriages that happen before 12 weeks may never have had a heartbeat as not many are offered early scans.
Hope this helps and fingers crossed xxx

periwinkle25 Wed 05-Apr-17 19:32:13

Thank you for Your reply it's very reassuring, I am so worried, also the sicky feeling has gone off tonight so I'm extra worried!! Xxx

mum2be2boys Wed 05-Apr-17 19:44:29

I had brown discharge in my first pregnancy and everything was fine!

I also had brown discharge at 11 weeks and 4 days in my second pregnancy and unfortunately it wasn't good news (sorry, don't want to worry you further) BUT I also had really bad pain in my side which wouldn't go, all of my symptoms suddenly stopped and I had a niggly feeling something was wrong.

I phoned the gp (who was useless) so I then phoned the maternity unit at the hospital who got me in for a scan in the early pregnancy unit. Do you have something similar in your area?

I hope everything is ok xx

periwinkle25 Wed 05-Apr-17 20:26:54

Thank you for your replies, my scan is Tuesday would you take time off work and rest till the scan or carry on as normal? Xxx

mum2be2boys Thu 06-Apr-17 09:41:26

How are you feeling today? Hope the symptoms have eased and you are feeling ok xx

Katmeifyoucan Thu 06-Apr-17 09:44:09

It is normal to have brown discharge coming up to the 12 week mark. I had it with all of my pregnancies and they were all fine. I understand your worry but carry on as normal.

mineallmine Thu 06-Apr-17 09:48:02

I had brown discharge at 11 weeks also and was hysterical. When I rang the clinic (an ivf pregnancy) I was told only to worry if there was bright red blood. I think it's common enough (but very scary)

periwinkle25 Thu 06-Apr-17 11:20:33

Thank you for the replies, I had a scan today and saw the heart beat and little one kicking, so relieved and happy, thank you for your support grin xxx

mum2be2boys Thu 06-Apr-17 13:14:06

That's brilliant news, glad all is ok :-)

Lemondrop09 Thu 06-Apr-17 13:23:09

I had brown discharge at 11 weeks, 4 days before my 12 weeks scan. NHS (understandably) wanted me to wait until my scan but i was worried sick so legged it to a private clinic and had a scan. Everything was fine and I felt a lot better afterwards. As said above, brown is often old blood working its way out

Glad you're scan went ok smile

mineallmine Thu 06-Apr-17 14:12:54

Great news x

user1474439326 Thu 06-Apr-17 21:13:52

Yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now