Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induced with gestational diabetes

(6 Posts)
emilyjayne5 Wed 05-Apr-17 18:31:34

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I have gestational diabetes, I am on insulin with all my meals and at night time. I have been told that at my next appointment at 35 weeks that they will book me in to be induced at 38 weeks but has anyone ever been told this and then not been induced?
What should I expect from when being induced?

frazzled3ds Wed 05-Apr-17 18:38:51

I had the same with my third DC, was booked in for an induction at 38 weeks (suited me as his due date was Christmas Day!). There are various reasons why they induce due to the gestational diabetes, and I was happy that it was all in the interests of mine and the baby's health.

I'm not the best to offer advice on what to expect, as things didn't quite go to plan in the end for me (both baby and I were ultimately fine though). I'm sure others will have better info on this element for you! What I will suggest though is having plenty with you to keep you occupied - I believe some inductions can get things going quite quickly, but others don't (mine didn't). Don't worry though, and as a bonus you'll get to meet your baby sooner!

madbonkersmad Wed 05-Apr-17 18:40:01

I had exactly the same situation. Was indicted at 37 weeks in the end. Induction took ages! Diabetes went as soon as I gave birth. You'll be fine and I deffo don't miss pricking my finger!

frazzled3ds Wed 05-Apr-17 18:42:07

Ooh yeah I forgot that bit! Waving goodbye to pin pricked fingers and endless insulin jabs was wonderful smile

user1491067594 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:25:22

i have gestational diabetes diet controlled diagnosed at 28wks. I have an appointment on my 37th weeks which is in two weeks time and after the scan they decide whether or not to induce me cos at the moment my baby is a 'large' baby,

user1491067594 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:26:33

is there any chance for me to have a normal vaginal delivery even if the baby's abdomen is bigger than his head due to GD?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now