Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panic about blood in wee.

(10 Posts)
NovemberBaby2017 Wed 05-Apr-17 16:35:07

Hello everyone, Im 6+3 days had no spotting at all. Sorry for the following as too much information. I have been for a wee and I now always check for discharge or any blood on tissue after wiping. I had neither. When i went to flush i notice my wee was blood colour in the toilet no clots or anything just red in colour. Is this ok or something to worry about. I thought if it was spotting maybe a bit in pants or on tissue would have been there like spotting in between periods? Don;t want to over react.
Thanks

DoIDareDisturbTheUniverse Wed 05-Apr-17 16:38:34

Have you got any other symptoms of a UTI? They can be really common in pregnancy - I got them constantly sad

NovemberBaby2017 Wed 05-Apr-17 16:41:55

@DoIDareDisturbTheUniverse no i feel fine apart from that.

MissMooMoo Wed 05-Apr-17 16:58:35

I had a UTI at 23 weeks with no other symptoms really.
Blood in wee and the wee smelled a bit funny. I would ring your surgery and make an appt to see a doctor so they can have a check.

libm127 Thu 06-Apr-17 09:26:12

Hello.

I never had this in pregnancy but I had it once with a UTI. The UTI had tracked up to one of my kidneys and I needed a huge whack of antibiotics. I was completely fine after treatment, but it's definitely not a symptom to ignore. It sounds like it's unrelated to pregnancy, other than that pregnancy might have caused your UTI. Don't worry, but see the doc.

Cottagecosy Thu 06-Apr-17 09:32:56

Think about what you've eaten... any beetroot or anything else that may change the colour of your wee? Iv been given a fright by beetroot a few times before realising!

NovemberBaby2017 Thu 06-Apr-17 09:49:27

@Cottagecosy hi thanks for replying. No unfortunately its not. Still bleeding now and spoke to the doctor last night and she called me back this am. They have booked me in for early scan on sat. Fingers crossed all ok.

Cottagecosy Thu 06-Apr-17 09:58:18

Hopefully it's just a UTI as suggested above then. Fingers crossed for you

Gooseygoosey12345 Thu 06-Apr-17 09:59:59

Try not to panic. I had actual bleeding around the same time as you and I'm 25 weeks now. It's so much more common than I realised. Good luck with your scan

NovemberBaby2017 Thu 06-Apr-17 10:12:29

@Gooseygoosey12345 that's great news thank you that's made me feel better! Congratulations hope all has been ok for you since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now