Talk

Advanced search

Measuring 5 weeks ahead

(4 Posts)
Babybeesmama Wed 05-Apr-17 16:12:02

Pregnant with No 3 & went to see the midwife today.. am 26+2... I measured at 31 weeks 😳.. I was expecting to be a couple of weeks ahead because people keep telling me my bump looks big.

Midwife said is a combination of third baby & partly me... I know I'm overweight. My BMI was 28.5 when I got pregnant. I felt reassured by her that it wasn't a big deal... but then came home & had a bit of a wobble... this is partially because I know I've been eating really badly & need to start being healthier.. I'm relatively active, have a job where I'm on my feet all day plus 2 other children to run around after. I just feel a bit crap now 🙈

NonsensicalNonsense Wed 05-Apr-17 18:01:05

Don't worry about it! Measurements are just a guide and dont mean much except they'll probably give you a gestational diabetes test and some extra scans. I got pregnant with a BMI of 38!!! Have only put on 20 pounds during my whole pregnancy (now 39 weeks) and i feel great and no issues. And it meant i got to have 6 scans! Which we enjoyed. Seriously dont let it get you down flowers

harleysmammy Wed 05-Apr-17 19:19:02

I've measured bang on final height my whole pregnancy but at 31 weeks on scan my baby was measuring 39 weeks. Now at 36 weeks, he's measuring 42 weeks and weighing 7 lb 10 oz. Do you just mean your fundal height is off? Because they are notoriously known for being rubbish. I have a massive baby and polyhydramnios (extra fluid) and I was always measuring on track..my sister on the other hand measured 7 weeks ahead at 24 weeks but had to have growth scans for a small baby who came out 5 lb something. They're nearly always wrong and to be taken with a pinch of salt x

Babybeesmama Sat 08-Apr-17 08:53:13

Thanks everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now