Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone gone off food completely?

(25 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Wed 05-Apr-17 12:14:34

Im 6+1 and have to remind myself to eat, after two bites im stuffed and feeling sick. Normal?

FrenchFrys Wed 05-Apr-17 12:37:21

I did, I remember it being Valentine's Day and DH wanted to cook for me, we wondered round Tesco for an eternity because simply nothing appealed to me. It made me feel really upset and useless

kikibo Wed 05-Apr-17 13:13:38

I went off food for quite a while (*crosses fingers it's really in the past*) and eating became a chore. Until I realised that sometimes things would pop into my head and I would eat those no problem.

Wondering around a supermarket in order to find something to eat is, indeed, completely useless, because you don't function like normal.

rebecca2727 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:18:00

Hello this happened to me I picked at food spat stuff out then wanted random mixtures like just plain rice and other weird stuff , my appetite has returned at 10 weeks I'm now starving but emotional !

NonsensicalNonsense Wed 05-Apr-17 13:18:05

Nope. Want all the food all the time.

OnNaturesCourse Wed 05-Apr-17 14:06:50

I want to eat, like I miss eating nice things but I've no appetite and most textures now give me the boke.

NonsensicalNonsense Wed 05-Apr-17 14:28:01

I just sat here and ate an entire easter egg. When you get to 39 weeks too you'll be ok with eating i promise! flowers

OnNaturesCourse Wed 05-Apr-17 14:49:24

I hope so. Only things I can stomach is bread and plain cooled pasta. Carbs, carbs! No wonder I'm bloated.

redjoker Wed 05-Apr-17 15:27:11

Cant deal with most hot food, plain pasta with a tiny bit of cheese is all I can manage

15 weeks and not a single vegetable, used to eat them like it was going out of fashion, never been afraid of my greens but still can barley open the fridge without gagging

its carbs and sugar here, only 3lb gain so far but worried about how much crap my diet consists off, had one week where it was beans and not alot else. I even ate crispy pancakes yesterday! Im really missing 'normal' food!

rach217 Wed 05-Apr-17 16:18:20

It's so lovely to hear other people are the same as me. I love my food and have always been conscious of what I'm eating, I work in a gym and always ate lots of veg and really healthy meals. But the past few weeks I've had no appetite except for white bread toast, and junk food. I even had a McDonalds at the weekend it's been years since I had one! I try to eat fruit as I seem to be able to stomach that but can't wait to get my appetite back!

Laura2507 Wed 05-Apr-17 16:18:52

I went off all my favourite foods and most other foods. Only started getting it back around 18-19 weeks. I'm still off tea and coffee though (and I always drink decaf anyway so it's not that). Still not fussed with some other foods too but at least going in the right direction.

Hope I get to be a tea junkie again!

OnNaturesCourse Wed 05-Apr-17 16:24:07

All I want is junk food... And I even then I struggle to eat it. I think it's knocking onto my bowel movements too, pregnancy is crazy.

Kas1362 Wed 05-Apr-17 17:22:43

Hi, I've been off food completely for the last three weeks and the only thing I seem to be able to stomach is (sweet) junk food. In fact every time I eat anything remotely healthy it all just comes back again. Can't wait to start getting my appetite back - so much for the lovely, healthy pregnancy I had in mind!

koalab Wed 05-Apr-17 17:28:16

I did. Plain bread rolls, salt and vinegar crisps, bacon and diet coke got me through my pregnancy. I got hungry but didn't fancy anything. Up side was I didn't gain weight. I did make sure I was taking vitamins though.

picklemepopcorn Wed 05-Apr-17 17:47:47

Try whole milk. I usually hate it, but when I'm pregnant I guzzle it instead of food.

OnNaturesCourse Wed 05-Apr-17 18:11:44

I stomach plain pasta and chicken... That's it.

redjoker Wed 05-Apr-17 18:22:31

Junk food is all I want and I'm feeling so awful about it. Been on slimming Wored to maintain my weight (10ish stone) for about 10 years and it's feels so wrong but I am eating stuff I haven't eaten in years (Ben and Jerry's, curly fries, takeaways) trying to force fruit down me as itsoon the only remotely healthy thing I can manage. Pasta and cheese for dinner....

PeachesandPie Wed 05-Apr-17 19:10:47

I'm 11 weeks now and have been like this since around the same time OP. The only things I could eat were bread and cereal! Now I can eat a bit more, including some fruit, ham and babybel but still no vegetables here and mainly still cereal for every meal! Just eat whatever it is you can stomach, better than force feeding yourself something just because it's healthy. I hope it improves soon, it really is rubbish.

OnNaturesCourse Wed 05-Apr-17 21:47:04

I tried my favourite apples today, and after two bites the juice came through and I had to spit it out.

I can't touch ham or cheese.

Crisp sandwich for lunch tomorrow!

TeaAndPjs Thu 06-Apr-17 22:08:57

I'm 6+5 and off food too! I look forward to it till it's in front of me then feel like i. Forcing some in so I've at least ate a little

whoknewitwastrue Thu 06-Apr-17 22:30:51

Cheap white carbs. Only way forwards.

OnNaturesCourse Thu 06-Apr-17 22:31:44

Yup. Living off pasta and bread. Excuse the bloating!

EssentialHummus Thu 06-Apr-17 22:32:25

I went off everything in the first trimester, and still can't look at chicken or meat at 19 weeks.

rebecca2727 Sat 08-Apr-17 08:51:31

Thought I was better but been sick and off food again since Thursday !!yukkkk

DebsOctBaby Sat 08-Apr-17 09:58:26

I felt the same, carbs and cheese only for weeks but when I got to week 9-10 it's definitely eased a bit and back to eating normal food and now know when to eat to stop the nausea coming. Your body learns to deal with the hormone rush and even though it's horrible now for you, you'll soon feel better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now