Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fresh red tiny streaks at 6+6?

(9 Posts)
Jem2013scout Tue 04-Apr-17 15:41:55

Hi ladies,

First pregnancy so really new to all of this, I've had the slightest little streaks of fresh red blood when I wipe. Sorry for tmi but I put my little finger just slightly up there and just my normal discharge on finger.

Is this normal? I don't want to worry and stress myself so thought some of you may have some answers on here?

No cramps at all, I'm just constipated at the moment!

Again sorry for tmi and TIA smilexx

Tilly2017 Tue 04-Apr-17 16:38:26

It might sound daft but are you sure of where the blood is coming from. I had some small bleeds from 4-10 weeks without cramping which amounted to nothing. Now 17 weeks along and everything ok. But best advice if worried get appointment at EPU at hospital but often needs a doctor or midwife referral first. Good luck x

Jem2013scout Tue 04-Apr-17 17:06:21

@Tilly2017 thanks for the reply. Thinking about it the first time this morning was after I had finally been to the loo! But I'm sure it's more from the baby making end, couldn't be 100% though.

It's really not a lot, and it's stopped now, I think if it continues and ring docs for a referral to EPU if it carries on.

Lovely to hear bleeding doesn't always mean doom and gloom though, thank you. smile

FlurkenSchnit Tue 04-Apr-17 17:20:37

I had some bleeding in all four of my pregnancies to varying degrees - visited my local EPAU in my last three. I now have four healthy kids. No reasons were ever found/given for the bleeding, I was just told that although bleeding during pregnancy isn't normal it is very, very common.

EsmesBees Tue 04-Apr-17 17:26:49

I had bright red bleeding early on in my first pregnancy. Turns out there was a bit of scar tissue on my cervix which had been irritated. They found this out by doing an internal scan. All turned out fine. Best of luck.

Jem2013scout Tue 04-Apr-17 17:28:12

@FlurkenSchnit @EsmesBees

Thanks so much for the replies, will see how I get on over the next 24 hours! smile

danTDM Tue 04-Apr-17 17:34:01

Hello! I had a lot of bleeding at about 8 weeks, turns out I had a haematoma in my womb, bigger than the embryo. They said I would likely miscarry hmm I did not!

DD is 8. These bleeds are common. I think I was lucky but I had ALOT of blood, like a period. So your wipes sound fine!

Best of luck smile
I would say, take it easy though. No lifting ironing, sexor horseriding hmm!

Jem2013scout Tue 04-Apr-17 18:09:24

Thanks @danTDM

I actually have a horse but gave up riding as soon as I found out! Lol

Will take it easy for a couple of days. Thanks again for the reply.

OohNoDooEy Tue 04-Apr-17 18:13:17

It could be a uti and in your wee. I had a mc that started that way but from my obsessive googling and dr visits at the time it could have been something or nothing.

It could be worth going to the gp so they can dip your wee and refer you to the epu for a scan anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now