Talk

Advanced search

One born every minute!!

(23 Posts)
vickifaith Tue 04-Apr-17 13:01:29

New series starts tonight I believe?! So who's brave enough to watch it?? Lol. Personally I think a lot of them seem very relaxed and make it look easy! I certainly wasn't chilled enough to get filmed with my daughter! Xx

Tilly2017 Tue 04-Apr-17 13:05:36

Im looking forward to watching it.

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 04-Apr-17 13:25:44

OBEM is great! Shows how many different ways labour can go and how women cope through it all. I was terrified of labour before I binged watched a load of past series.

arbrighton Tue 04-Apr-17 13:51:58

I don't know whether I will or not. Might be a better use of time to listen to my hypnobirthing track :/

vickifaith Tue 04-Apr-17 14:40:53

I do love watching it! Just haven't since I've been pregnant again! Wondering if it will get me excited for the birth or more anxious! Xx

sprite25 Tue 04-Apr-17 14:49:34

I like watching it while pregnant, I know they probably cut alot of the awfulness of labour and birth out but watching it somehow reassures me why we do it, to get that lovely little baby at the end of it all.

sherbertlemon17 Tue 04-Apr-17 16:11:25

I'm so bloody excited to watch it! I take it with a pinch of salt but I think if you can do that you can enjoy the squishy babies. smile

Bellaposy Tue 04-Apr-17 16:13:00

Argh looking forward to it. I had my DD in the Liverpool Women's in May and a lot of our midwives are on the show. I confess to being a bit star struck blush

ohdoadoodoo Tue 04-Apr-17 16:29:10

This has made my day! Love OBEM!

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 04-Apr-17 16:36:49

Yay! I only watch it when I'm pregnant so I'm looking forward to it. I'm quite odd though as I look forward to labour have crappy high risk pregnancies but the labours have all been quite good. I've been watching the old ones on 4od so will be nice to have some new episodes smile

m33r Tue 04-Apr-17 17:02:33

I love it!! I remember one girl years ago who said she didn't attend any labour classes as they were 'all doom and gloom' and she was just being positive. She had made herself a birthing bikini and I thought 'what a shock she is in for and she just popped the LO out in a pool in her lovely wee outfit. Really relaxed me.

When I gave birth to my son, it all went very fast, as I was rushed into labour ward, I asked for pain relief and they said 'no time now, you just need to push' and from my 'experience' of watching OBEM I knew it meant I had to push now and it really really helped me focus as I knew baby was imminent. DH said he said something appeared to come over me at that point.

Didn't know it was new series so now very excited! grin

n0ne Tue 04-Apr-17 17:11:20

I love OBEM! Does anybody else find themselves sympathy-pushing along with the mums?! I can't help myself!

HughLauriesStubble Tue 04-Apr-17 17:12:54

My local maternity antenatal classes are renowned for showing a ridiculously gory childbirth video and frightening the bejaysus out of women so instead of going to them I binge watched OBEM grin Found it great for going through all the different possible scenarios and experiences.

Mamabamadingdong Tue 04-Apr-17 17:26:19

Ahh nice one for reminding me, I love OBEM. It's great and I credit it for being the reason I didn't get too nervous about the birth as I felt like I knew what to expect. I love seeing the relationships with the partners too and how they help/hinder. Then when the babies are born I do have a little tear in my eye!

Happyandhungry Tue 04-Apr-17 18:00:44

39 weeks here and can't wait to watch it! Even if it cuts out some bad stuff or only shows the nice births i just feel like it will get me ready (and I've watched all past series so can't go back and watch them so in need of a new series!)

vickifaith Tue 04-Apr-17 19:07:24

Haha N0ne! I might give that a go tonight!! It's a very good point actually- a lot of antenatal classes can be abit old fashioned I guess! Perhaps using OBEM as a education tool could work!! I spend half of the time crying (so emotional) watching it. Just want my other half to watch it! But he gets bored grrrrrrr xx

Mamabamadingdong Tue 04-Apr-17 21:08:46

Vickifaith my DH hates it too and never watches it!

PurpleTraitor Tue 04-Apr-17 21:11:56

I find OBEM awful. And I have fairly personal experience with it.

It makes births look scary, worrying, stressful, dangerous and like a spectator sport - to me. It's the exact opposite of what I would want from birth.

imkeepingthisnamenow Tue 04-Apr-17 21:15:33

I watch it with DH to try and convince him to start trying!! All those fresh babies!!!😍😍😍

Loxy4527 Tue 04-Apr-17 21:37:46

The last time I watched this I had no intention of having a baby and thought it was horrifying. Giving it another go to see if TTC lends me a new perspective!

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 04-Apr-17 22:00:16

Partner is on nights so watching this episode alone and in tears and how cute this all is! Such lovely parents!

Lauraw1989 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:00:29

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my first and I'm watching. At times I think shit what have I done shock and then once the baby is born I'm filling up smile

ThatUsernameIsTaken Tue 30-May-17 00:05:52

Anyone know when the next episode is on? Seems to have got waylaid since last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now