Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do I pack a towel?

(11 Posts)
throughgrittedteeth Mon 03-Apr-17 22:47:59

This is my second baby but I can't remember if I packed a towel in my hospital bag last time 🤔 should I take one just in case?

fuzzywuzzy Mon 03-Apr-17 22:50:34

According to the guidelines in my notes, our hospital expects us to bring two towels one for mum and one for baby.

FuckYouAndDailyMailToo Mon 03-Apr-17 22:51:20

Yes. You might want a shower etc esp if you're kept in for 24hr obs. Don't forget the snacks too! cake

throughgrittedteeth Mon 03-Apr-17 22:55:15

Right I'll add towel to the list!
I definitely didn't take one for baby last time, I'll pack one for him too.

Snacks are already packed! I know what my priorities are grin

throughgrittedteeth Sat 08-Apr-17 18:53:41

Afternoon, just thought I'd say say that I had my 36 week appointment on Thursday at the hospital (got to see the new birthing centre!) and the midwife told me not to worry about towels.

Lightningflash Sat 08-Apr-17 19:21:13

Ya it totally depends where you are ... and how fussy you are about your towel smile. Where I am they have plenty for you to use if you'd like to.

Bethan2 Sat 08-Apr-17 21:37:57

Definitely bring your own towel and a dark coloured one at that! Hospital towels are small, white and rough 😐

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sat 08-Apr-17 21:43:45

Depends where you are but an old dark one if they don't provide one.
I've seen a few threads that have mentioned baby towels. I don't understand what they are for on a postnatal ward. There were no baby baths and they advised to not bath them for the first few days anyway

doge Sun 09-Apr-17 06:49:20

Yes NHS towels are rank.

pinkblink Sun 09-Apr-17 07:14:03

I remember the awkward feeling giving back a pink stained grotty old white towel after having my first confused took my own dark towel when I had my second

throughgrittedteeth Mon 10-Apr-17 09:06:22

I definitely had a shower when I had DS but I have no idea how big it was or the colour.. I do remember how lovely the shower was though! I will bring a towel, just in case 😬 thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now