Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panic stations... ZIKA.

(4 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Mon 03-Apr-17 20:41:11

I fell pregnant exactly 5 months after returning from Florida. I thought we were safe after 8 weeks however just read that for males its 6 months! We were both in Florida and now im freaking out. Ive tried to find if we can be tested but apparently they are only reliable if you have symptoms at the time. Neither of us had symptoms, i had a few spots but could have been heat spots. DP had none that we can remember. What on earth do i do?! The midwife and GP didnt even asked at my early scan... Im so scared.

chantico Tue 04-Apr-17 06:33:37

I doubt there's anything you can do other than go back, see your GP and ask them specifically about this. If they do not know the answers, ask for a referral to an expert.

LeBoob Tue 04-Apr-17 06:50:22

I found out I was pregnant shortly after arriving back in November. The doctors were very blasé about it, baisically unless your showing symptoms they will say your fine. There were no tests that were offered to me

Cantchooseaname Tue 04-Apr-17 06:54:20

If you have had 20 wk anomaly scan, microcephally would have shown up- the small head and lack of brain development that causes the severe problems. They would def have seen it on scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now