Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnancy and sore gums

(3 Posts)
rollingonwheels Mon 03-Apr-17 19:36:09

I've never had bad teeth or gums in all my life (I'm 30) apart from a brace as a teenager and impacted wisdom teeth. I don't have any fillings.
Since my first pregnancy I've started to experience tooth ache and sensitivity.. I haven't had any filings needed.
It's my fifth pregnancy now (I have 2 children and 2 miscarriages), I'm 17 weeks and my gums are so so sore at the moment.
Any tips or advice, any recommended mouth washes? Toothpastes?

babynelly2010 Mon 03-Apr-17 23:28:30

I would advise dentist visit. You may need a clean.
My dentist told me that bleeding sore gums being normal during pregnancy is a myth. The truth is due to change of hormones some bacteria finds it easy to multiply thus a more frequent visit with hygienists may be required.

m33r Tue 04-Apr-17 07:06:40

My gums have also been very painful the last week but I have a mouth full of fillings and a crown. I have the dentist on Friday. Will let you know what he says. It is very painful too; not just a little ache

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: