Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Shower

(8 Posts)
Italwaysworksitselfout Mon 03-Apr-17 16:30:47

I am probably being precious but I need to rant or I'm going to burst.
I have a very needy and insecure dsis who needs to be included in everything or she will have major tantrums and cause problems for everyone. She also drinks too much which is pretty much 90% of the problem.
I am an older mum and 32 weeks pregnant. I was asked by dm if I'd like a baby shower about 6 weeks ago and if I did she would arrange it, just give her the guest list. I said no as I felt I was too old and uncomfortable about it and dh had suggested a "meet the baby" gathering or bbq during the summer. Dm thought it was a lovely idea and dropped the subject. I also told her NOT to let sis organise anything as she had done this sort of thing before and it's been a disaster and always about her.
On Sat afternoon I was taken to my sis's house on the pretence of picking something up to find she had organised the shower!!!! They really did keep it a surprise as there I was unwashed, hair greasy, no makeup and in a stained t shirt as I was painting the nursery.
I was livid with dh and nearly punched sis but managed to keep myself together for the guests. Dm was there as was mil, sil and 2 good friends. The others were my 3 female cousins and my sis's friends and her mil who I do not know.
I am really really grateful for those who attended but none of my other friends or dh's female side, who I'm very close to, were invited.
I have spent the rest of the weekend trying to explain to people who hadnt been invited that I had nothing to do with it and have had to apologise profusely to my dh aunt as well as she saw a status by sis on fb.
I know in the grand scheme of things "what is done is done" but I'm still really upset and can't even speak to sis at the moment as she thinks she has done something absolutely wonderful!!!!!

Italwaysworksitselfout Mon 03-Apr-17 16:34:00

Sorry for post being really long. Can I also add that she was told by dm, sis and dd not to do this 4 weeks ago and they only found out a week ago that she had organised it through messenger confused

Italwaysworksitselfout Mon 03-Apr-17 16:34:50

not sis.. dh

user1483387154 Mon 03-Apr-17 16:35:54

That would have really upset and annoyed me too. It is incredibly selfish of her when she knew that you did not want it.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 03-Apr-17 16:40:31

So your mum knew you didn't want one yet still went to the one planned by your sister

I would be more pissed off with her then Your sis tbh

Italwaysworksitselfout Mon 03-Apr-17 16:48:55

Blondes I am pissed with dm but she said as everything had been organized (without her knowledge) she just went with it. She and dsis do not get on at all but she came to give me support. She also provided the prossecco as did dh as sis had nothing in....hadn't thought about that side of things

kel1493 Fri 07-Apr-17 08:23:52

It's not fair at all tbh.
Personally I can't stand baby showers and would never ever have one. But it should have been invite everyone

FluffyEwok Fri 07-Apr-17 08:32:31

I'm with you on this one. I will not be having a baby shower I think they're a bit American and grabby. I've already told dh if anyone contacts him to say no way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now