Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going back to work - Do I have to?!

(5 Posts)
user1490291922 Mon 03-Apr-17 15:07:13

Hi everyone! My job I'm currently in is working in sales which is super stressful at the best of times! I try my hardest to keep calm whilst at work but it's a job where I feel myself getting wound up every minute of the day. It's also a job where my hours are 9-5.30 but really they're 8-6.30. I don't want to be in this job when I have baby as I don't think I'll ever see him/her! If my company pay me just statutory maternity pay (nothing extra) do I have to come back after the maternity period? Can I start a new job if I want to? TIA!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 03-Apr-17 15:53:26

What does your contract say?

ChocolateButton15 Mon 03-Apr-17 15:57:03

On the government website it says you don't need to repay statatory mat pay.

Happyandhungry Mon 03-Apr-17 15:57:45

In some places you have to pay/work it back. Others you don't. You need to read your HR policy/contract etc.

BendingSpoons Mon 03-Apr-17 16:48:26

You don't have to repay statutory maternity pay, you just have to give your notice at the right time i.e. near the end of your maternity period. You also accrue holiday so you would be paid that at the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now