Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Am I losing my baby?

(9 Posts)
andrea010180 Mon 03-Apr-17 12:29:59

On the 21st of March I took a clearblue dating pregnancy test which said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant.

Around 7pm on the 27th of March 2017, a few pains in my tummy became unimaginably agonising. I went from an emergency GP to A&E straight away and after a 5 hour wait I was admitted to the Gynaecology Ward in the Women's Centre. They took a blood test (6 DAYS AFTER MY PREGNANCY TEST) and said I was between 5-6 weeks pregnant as my pregnancy hormone (HCG) was at 1770. On the 28th, I had a internal ultrasound. It broke my heart. They saw no sign of a heart beat, no sign of a baby as all, except what appeared to be an empty gestational sac. The size of the sac (if it was a baby) was 2 millimetres. They did see 2 cysts on my right ovary. Both around 2cm each. It looked as if I'd miscarried. The pain increased, and before I knew it, I was being pumped full of pain medicine like codeine and morphine.

48 hours after the first blood test they took another. My hormone had increased to 2600. Not even 50% of its previous level. But for some reason it was still going up. I experienced mild bleeding that evening, and yesterday I was sent for a laparoscopy to see if it was an ectopic pregnancy, which thank god it isn't. They're sending off for another HCG check.. But what the hell is going on with my baby?! Does anyone have any similar experiences or know of anyone who does?? I feel so alone and confused right now... I just want my baby to he safe...

rosesandcashmere Mon 03-Apr-17 12:38:04

I didn't want to read and run. I'm so sorry you're going through this, but I have no idea what's happening. I hope the latest tests bring you some answers and someone with some experience comes along soon flowers

confusedat23 Mon 03-Apr-17 13:00:04

Hey sorry you are going through this OP... never underestimate the pain from the cysts! I had free fluid around my ovary and it was the most painful thing until it eased off... i also ended up in hospital with a possible ectopic because of it.

Anything over 1500 HCG should show a viable pregnancy provided you are OVER 6 weeks... how far from LMP were you when you have your scan? Also the sac being 2mm was propbably the mean sac diameter which 2mm is average for 5 weeks gestation which it sounds like you are at.

The bleeding is obviously concerning but many many people bleed and go on to have successful pregnancies.

I hope that helps flowers

SillySausage34 Mon 03-Apr-17 14:56:28

I thought it was normal to see a sac and nothing inside at 5-6 weeks pregnant?

I've read about it plenty of times on plenty of forums. Surely it's common?

Would seem so here too, if your HCG levels are going up....?

SillySausage34 Mon 03-Apr-17 14:57:41

Sorry I mean normal/common part of a normal pregnancy at that stage....

confuseddot Mon 03-Apr-17 15:02:06

Silly I seen my scan today they dated me at 5+3 and there was a very small dot in the sac and it had a heart beat x

sebashocked Mon 03-Apr-17 15:13:24

Oh it's a horrible thing to go through. Sounds like they think the pregnancy isn't going to progress (HCG at this stage should be at least doubling in 48hrs). Google 'blighted ovum' or 'anembryonic pregnancy' for a bit more information. It's unfortunately very common. I have had a couple and went through the whole checking to make sure it's not ectopic process. Sorry it's not better news. You may well start miscarry naturally or it may take a while for your body to realise that there is no embryo and intervention might be necessary. Hope you get some answers soon.

OnNaturesCourse Mon 03-Apr-17 15:22:44

I had a scan at 5+2 and there was a sac and tiny yolk... And was told I was measuring 5.5 weeks and that's all they expected to see. My HCG level at 4+3 was 2000+. Everyone is different which makes it so difficult to tell.

confusedat23 Mon 03-Apr-17 15:23:46

Just so you know EPC told me they only need to see a 60% increase in 2 days!... so if done next day a 30% increase would be ok

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: