Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone not feel pregnant?

(13 Posts)
NovemberBaby2017 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:25:42

Im 6 weeks plus 3 days today. In first few weeks had pains like strong period pains then gone back to feeling ok. No real symptoms. Bit tired but that can be explained by manic job and doing to much. No sore breasts or sickness? Is this normal at all? DId a second test two weeks ago and still says im pregnant. Or is it just early. Found out straight away.

NaturWilde Mon 03-Apr-17 10:40:22

Same. Am a week behind you. Thought sickness and breast tenderness was starting, but it didn't turn into anything.

Most sickness starts around 6-7 weeks and affects around 50% of women in all the online sources I can find. Still a worry!

I've an early scan booked. And will probably do an IC a couple of times a week until then!

When did you take your last test?

NovemberBaby2017 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:55:53

@NaturWilde just over a week ago i took last test. Came up instantly.
First test was digital and done day after missed period. Clear blue came up straight away as well.

I don't know much about early scans. Do you think I should book one? How reassuring are they? I have my antenatal appointment with doctor next week was waiting until then to see how long first scan is.

NaturWilde Mon 03-Apr-17 11:00:04

I've booked one privately, the place I've booked starts from 7 weeks.

Your doctor should take blood samples which may give some reassurance (do they test for HCG?).

NovemberBaby2017 Mon 03-Apr-17 11:33:31

@NaturWilde I sore my doctor at 4 weeks pregnant and she said booked me back in to a different doctor next week. That will be two days before 8 weeks. No blood tests done. Not sure if they do that next week. They have private scans in the town I live in think I may go for one. Are you going just for peace of mind?

NaturWilde Mon 03-Apr-17 11:41:16

Yes. Pure reassurance.

pattimayonnaise Mon 03-Apr-17 12:26:49

I'm exactly the same as you November, also 6+3 and although sometimes I feel slightly dizzy and tired, I mostly feel fine. It's been six years since I was last pregnant so I really can't remember if this is normal! I do remember not ever being sick with my daughter but having an underlying feeling of nausea quite often. Glad to know there are others out there feeling normal atm!

Samatamfabahaba Mon 03-Apr-17 12:47:29

Don't complain!! I was exactly the same until about 24/25 weeks, and now at 32 weeks almost it's like I am the MOST pregnant person in the world. Enjoy the peace and the ability to stand up without making an old lady noise.

hungrywalrus Mon 03-Apr-17 13:48:33

It didn't really hit me until the 12 week scan which I had at 14 weeks due to a bit of a miscommunication with the GP surgery. There is no right or wrong way to feel :-)

Libbylove2015 Mon 03-Apr-17 13:49:59

I didn't feel remotely pregnant or have a bump until 22 weeks (last week). Then all in one week I suddenly seemed to grow a bump and can feel loads of movement - odd. I am glad though, I was starting to feel like a bit of a fraud!

Lindorballs Mon 03-Apr-17 13:55:18

Yep me too. I'm not quite sure of my dates but between 5 and 6 weeks. I've done a load of tests last one just two days ago which came up positive very quickly. I've got a little bit of boob soreness but that's it. Last time I remember nausea suddenly kicking in very quickly - literally woke up feeling nauseous one day then stayed like that for several weeks - but I can't remember if it was at 6 or 8 weeks. 12 week scan seems a very long way off at the moment

NaturWilde Mon 03-Apr-17 14:16:05

The lack of symptoms in early pregnancy does add to the worry. But when then arrive, that's hard too!

ethelfleda Mon 03-Apr-17 19:20:00

I'm like that at the moment... I'm 7+4 and up until 7 weeks I have sore boobs, extreme tiredness and nausea/food aversions. Nausea and soreness has gone and today I don't even feel that tired!! Trying not to worry and just enjoy it! Thoroughly using the lack of food aversion thing to eat healthy (only wanted white bread before!) And the higher energy levels to exercise in case my symptoms come back with a vengeance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now