Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Postive tests then negative test

(3 Posts)
SpeckyB Mon 03-Apr-17 10:13:56

Hi

I did a couple of pregnancy tests last Tuesday on the day my period was due. They were done in the afternoon. The clearblue digital said 'pregnant 1-2 weeks' and the first response had a clear line. So I thought I was pregnant.

I did the other clearblue digital this morning with FMU (6 days later and about 18 days dpo) and it said 'not pregnant'. So I did a first response test and that had a very faint line.

So I think it may be a chemical pregnancy. I have no spotting or pains.

What happens next? Should I contact the doctor? Is there any hope?

Thanks for reading.

calimommy Tue 04-Apr-17 03:21:51

Never mind clear blue they are rubbish. Use first response and test again. Don't use digital.

MrsBobDylan Tue 04-Apr-17 08:50:53

Hi,sorry to hear that op. I think your tests should match the results you got on Tuesday. I have been in the same situation and I did start to miscarry a couple of days after I got a bfn.

You could go to the doctor and he can refer you to epu, they are very lovely there. I decided to just wait it out at home on that occasion and it was like a heavy period.
flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now