Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High risk/diabetes

(6 Posts)
Lalalax3 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:50:03

Had my booking in yesterday and have been identified as High Risk because of my high BMI. This means GD tests at 16 and 28 weeks and a total of 4 scans at 12, 20, 28 and 34 weeks.

They made me an appointment to see the diabetes midwife next week, despite me not having undergone any tests yet. Is this usual? TBH I feel like they've already decided that I'm definitely going to get GD, and that's a bit depressing.

vfoster Sat 01-Apr-17 21:00:54

Same here but I didn't get booked in for a GD midwife. Some trusts just do it differently though! I think all the extra scans and appointments are just safety nets. They are there just in case and if there is anything wrong they're looking for it!
I didn't have GD in my previous pregnancy despite a high BMI so it doesn't always mean it's going to happen! 😃

Lalalax3 Sat 01-Apr-17 21:01:19

Same here! No GD with DS.

vfoster Sat 01-Apr-17 21:03:37

I'm dreading the test this time! Two lots of blood and having to drink that foul drink? My worst nightmare!
Ahh well I'm seeing is a morning off work to read my book! 😂

Lalalax3 Sat 01-Apr-17 21:08:11

I may have to take DS with me confused

vfoster Sat 01-Apr-17 21:26:27

Oh no! It's quite a long time to wait isn't it? Thank goodness DD is in nursery, she wouldn't be able to sit still for that long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now