Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea, cravings and aversions ranty moany chat thread

(5 Posts)
Cagliostro Sat 01-Apr-17 17:53:20

Humour me please I'm so bored!

3rd pregnancy, not sure of dates but I reckon between 2 and 3 months so not sure how much longer in this phase!

Twiglets have been the one thing I have been desperate for so far blush (actually hunted the shops for them) but they are good for B vitamins so that's ok right? grin My DCs (7 and 9) gave me very funny looks for being so desperate for them, they have no idea I'm pregnant yet (waiting for scan). They're quite amused by my sudden and unpredictable food wishes.

I am really wanting Grape Nuts with banana and yoghurt at the moment. But Grape Nuts are hard to get. And yesterday I asked DH to get cinnamon and strawberries so I could do French toast at 9pm hmm (it was fucking amazing though)

Lots of stuff is making me feel sick at the moment, but no particular pattern to it so I'm not avoiding anything specific. One day at a time grin smells are worse than tastes at the moment, I hate being in the kitchen especially with laundry or washing up liquid smells.

Anyone else? smile

2ducks2ducklings Mon 03-Apr-17 14:04:01

Every mealtime can bring me to the brink of tears, as what I fancied twenty minutes ago now makes me want to run to the loo. I enjoy eating ice lollies at the minute, everything else is just about tolerated. I also now how to think how food will be on the way back up incase it really doesn't agree with me! It's not a magical time at all at the moment.

willothewisp17 Mon 03-Apr-17 14:23:35

almost 23 weeks and had no cravings whatsoever 😞 plenty of aversions though! we can decide what we are having for dinner that night and then when it's out on the plate, NOPE! everyone else I've known to be pregnant or had children have had cravings, cravings that they must have and enjoy so much, I've had nothing and was really looking forward to seeing what it would be!

willothewisp17 Mon 03-Apr-17 14:24:37

2ducks I often think of what food will be like coming back up too! I avoid rice at all costs now because I've had the pleasure of experiencing 😂

Cagliostro Mon 03-Apr-17 17:58:24

Hi willo and ducks sorry you are feeling crap! It really isn't a glamorous time at all is it?

I'd always thought cravings lasted throughout pregnancy but for me it's only been a couple of days generally and then once I've had the item it goes away, or the thought of having it again turns my stomach. The kids have been asking for French toast again and I'm like euwww no.

I'm autistic as well so have sensory issues around food anyway as well as epic germ fear which flares up from BFP onwards, so I'm outrageously picky at the moment 😳

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now