Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Just need some help...

(3 Posts)
Jade27xx Sat 01-Apr-17 17:17:17

Hi im just looking for some advice. Ive been dating this guy for a year. He broke up woth me 3 weeks ago. He said he "loves me" but isnt "in love with me", however i foind out in december i am pregnant with his child. I was on birth control but it failed an was hospitilized over christmas and new year to remove the IUD to carry on with the pregnancy. He wanted to get an abortion. Abbandoned me over the holoday period and while i was in hospitail. However came back and said he wanted to be a father told his family etc things where going well then he tells me that. Ans since then he has told me he wants baby every weekend from birth, tbreatened to take her from me and blocked me completly and hasbt bothered to contact to ask how baby is doing etc.... i just dont know what to do as i still have feelings for the guy. I feel i need support and i guess i am hoping he will come round, i dont kniw what to do or expect hence why im wrotting this to try get some advice. If he appears after baby is born can he take her from me every weekend? Hes not been supportive or attended any appointments and is refusing to help buy the items baby needs. He said "as long as she has everytbing for his house" someone help me please i dont know of im writting all tbis vecayse im hurting and sad and heart broken. I dont really have friends or family vecause i gave them up for him.

user1490817136 Sat 01-Apr-17 17:29:18

You need support anf legal advice. Please phone women's aid and they will point you in the right direction.

Don't let this man bully you , this is your baby as much as his and if he wants to see him/her after making threatening claims towards you he will have to earn that right.

Put your foot down now OP by getting appropriate legal advice via women's aid and all will be well. Nobody can simply take your child from you , however he will be entitled to ask for reasonable access. There is a process for this though and he must follow it like any other person.

Good luck and please phone WA.

user1490817136 Sat 01-Apr-17 17:42:04

Also , contact your family. Tell them everything. Their support will be invaluable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: