Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tmi about dtd at 37 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
InsaneMummyOfThree Sat 01-Apr-17 08:06:55

So it might be abit embarrassing but last night me and my fella were dtd. I orgasmed and all was fine. I felt uterine contractions but that's not unusual. They lasted afew mins and then I started to fall asleep. A few mins later I started to feel sick and had to run ( waddle) to the toilet. I proceeded to throw up about 7 times and straight after I had to sit on the toilet as I needed a poo!!! All this started off the pains in my uterus again. I got back in bed and tried to rest as I was sure we had kicked off labour. I eventually fell asleep. Iv woke up this morning fine. No pains, nothing!!! I'm 37+5 weeks pregnant. Iv never had this before but heard about the body "clearing out" before labour. Do you think that's what It could be, anyone else had similar. I ask because I'm supposed to be going on a day out today but I don't want to go far if things are imminent. I suppose things could happen spontaneously anyway but do u think this is a "sign"? X

Paninotogo Sat 01-Apr-17 08:10:35

Yes it could be a sign. But does that mean 5 hours or 5 weeks? No one knows and do you really want to limit yourself for what could be over a month? I would just go out anyway.

Xmasfairy86 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:12:40

5 days... surely?

I'd do what you had planned, just take it steady.

SarahOoo Sat 01-Apr-17 08:35:26

I'm 39 weeks and every twinge and sign is heightened! I'm still off to the day part of a hen do today! Just take your maternity notes with you!

FreddoFrog Sat 01-Apr-17 08:38:25

Yes, I vomited at the start of each of my three labours (and I very rarely vomit so it was a real sign for me that labour was starting). I would still go about your day though. How exciting! All the best.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sat 01-Apr-17 08:41:51

DP and I DTD is what kickstarted my labour but I was 40+5. I wasn't sick though and I had the show pretty quickly afterwards and DD was born the next day in the morning after a 17 hour labour.

Good luck and congratulations, whether your DC comes today or next month. grin

InsaneMummyOfThree Sat 01-Apr-17 10:26:17

Thank you all, I should have mentioned that I'm booked in for c section after three previous sections and have polyhydramnios so don't really want to go into labour. I have been worried about the complications of the polyhydramnios like creating a waterfall if my waters break!!! Lol. I feel fine today so am just going to carry on as advised. Notes are in the car but I'm yet to pack my bag (I know, I know. I keep meaning to do it) that's what happens when your on your fourth!! Iv always gone over my due date so never really expect to go early. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now