Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Tmi about dtd at 37 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
InsaneMummyOfThree Sat 01-Apr-17 08:06:55

So it might be abit embarrassing but last night me and my fella were dtd. I orgasmed and all was fine. I felt uterine contractions but that's not unusual. They lasted afew mins and then I started to fall asleep. A few mins later I started to feel sick and had to run ( waddle) to the toilet. I proceeded to throw up about 7 times and straight after I had to sit on the toilet as I needed a poo!!! All this started off the pains in my uterus again. I got back in bed and tried to rest as I was sure we had kicked off labour. I eventually fell asleep. Iv woke up this morning fine. No pains, nothing!!! I'm 37+5 weeks pregnant. Iv never had this before but heard about the body "clearing out" before labour. Do you think that's what It could be, anyone else had similar. I ask because I'm supposed to be going on a day out today but I don't want to go far if things are imminent. I suppose things could happen spontaneously anyway but do u think this is a "sign"? X

Paninotogo Sat 01-Apr-17 08:10:35

Yes it could be a sign. But does that mean 5 hours or 5 weeks? No one knows and do you really want to limit yourself for what could be over a month? I would just go out anyway.

Xmasfairy86 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:12:40

5 days... surely?

I'd do what you had planned, just take it steady.

SarahOoo Sat 01-Apr-17 08:35:26

I'm 39 weeks and every twinge and sign is heightened! I'm still off to the day part of a hen do today! Just take your maternity notes with you!

FreddoFrog Sat 01-Apr-17 08:38:25

Yes, I vomited at the start of each of my three labours (and I very rarely vomit so it was a real sign for me that labour was starting). I would still go about your day though. How exciting! All the best.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sat 01-Apr-17 08:41:51

DP and I DTD is what kickstarted my labour but I was 40+5. I wasn't sick though and I had the show pretty quickly afterwards and DD was born the next day in the morning after a 17 hour labour.

Good luck and congratulations, whether your DC comes today or next month. grin

InsaneMummyOfThree Sat 01-Apr-17 10:26:17

Thank you all, I should have mentioned that I'm booked in for c section after three previous sections and have polyhydramnios so don't really want to go into labour. I have been worried about the complications of the polyhydramnios like creating a waterfall if my waters break!!! Lol. I feel fine today so am just going to carry on as advised. Notes are in the car but I'm yet to pack my bag (I know, I know. I keep meaning to do it) that's what happens when your on your fourth!! Iv always gone over my due date so never really expect to go early. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: