Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bile acids blood test

(4 Posts)
23jumpstreet Fri 31-Mar-17 22:29:35

Is it possible to have the results back in one hour.

kathrynelizabeth3005 Fri 31-Mar-17 22:43:18

It depends where you are and why you're having the test. If your in hospital and they do the bloods and they need to know asap, it is possible to know results in an hour if they put a rush on in, if it's necessary.

I've been under the haematology clinic throughout my pregnancy because my blood is strange, rare and they were also worried I had leukaemia so all the bloods I've had done at the hospital have been turned around within 45 mins so the consultant has the results when I see him straight after.

If you have bloods done at a doctors surgery, they have to send them to the hospital and then it takes a couple of days.

Similarly, if it's not urgent (deemed so by the medical professional ordering the test) they will not put a rush on it and you will likely have to wait at least a day to find out because there will always be more urgent bloods of patients they need to prioritise.

23jumpstreet Fri 31-Mar-17 23:05:54

Thank you it was in a day assesment unit for cholstasias as I have had it in previous pregnancys and always waited anything from 5/7 days for results and this time the results came back in a hour so was confused if it was possible.

kathrynelizabeth3005 Fri 31-Mar-17 23:12:50

No worries!

It's likely that they put a rush on it for you because of your previous experiences with cholstasias in other pregnancies.

Hope you're not suffering too much with any itching or rashes and that your pregnancy goes smoothly!! smileflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now