Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lots of random freckles/moles suddenly appearing?!

(3 Posts)
MotherofKitties Fri 31-Mar-17 21:35:50

Hi all,

So a random new development today, I'm 23 weeks with my first and I've just suddenly noticed lots of freckles/tiny moles appear on my chest, all regular shaped, and all were definitely not there a few days ago!

Does pregnancy cause this?! I have a couple of moles and some freckles pre-pregnancy anyway, but only a few so I've been able to identify that these are definitely new!

beck3001 Fri 31-Mar-17 23:19:44

Don't quote me on this because I've only read it once and haven't seen this be said anywhere much!

But I did read the other day that freckles and moles can change during pregnancy, I'm thinking maybe they were tiny or a very pale colour and have changed?

I noticed my freckles around my stomach area have definitely changed! It was just a coincidence that I then read something about them on a pregnancy website without even googling!

LucyAutumn Sat 01-Apr-17 09:24:48

Hi OP,
I am 19 weeks today and just read on the babycentre web page that some women experience dark patches of skin and freckles etc at around this stage due to extra estrogen levels, see here-
www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-19-weeks_1108.bc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now