Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SPD? 41 weeks, fed right up.

(8 Posts)
DaisyLou33 Fri 31-Mar-17 07:13:00

Sorry guys for this impromptu moan but just seeing if anyone else is feeling the same. 41 weeks today, no sign of little one and the right side of my pelvis seems to have given up. Can't lay on that side at all now and can barely walk, tried sleeping sitting up on the sofa last night and managed to doze on and off for a couple hours. Second sweep booked for this morning 🙄 Fingers crossed. Sorry to moan, just feeling so deflated and in pain now. How is everyone else doing? Will this pelvic pain go once baby arrives? 💤😊

MyMrKnightley Fri 31-Mar-17 09:51:57

It might take some time after delivery if it's spd but it will feel better straight away as you're not carrying a 8lb baby permanently!

Good news is you won't be pregnant forever it might feel like it though

Try standing in front of a stable piece of furniture, palms flat on top slightly out from body, legs hip width apart, bend in the middle (slowly) keeping arms and legs straight the straighten repeat 5 times

Or stand up tall and tuck you bum under (move pelvis forward) hold then move pelvis back. Pregnant ladies tend to stick there bums out apparently because all the weight at the front and put or spines/pelvis under a load in an unusual place.

These two things from physio helped me survive the last month

MyMrKnightley Fri 31-Mar-17 09:53:31

Oh and a pillow between your legs will help support hip

MyMrKnightley Fri 31-Mar-17 09:55:49

At night that is. Well when lying down, try to rest on bed during the day at some point even if it's not trying to sleep. You could catch up on something on iPlayer you might just drop off.

BakerBear Fri 31-Mar-17 09:57:34

Im nearly 36 weeks and suffering with spd since i was 10 weeks pregnant.

Its agony!! I suffered with spd when i was pregnant last time from 6 weeks pregnant.

I wasnt pain free last time until dd was 10 months old. Im hoping it will be sooner this time.

No more babies for me now after this one due to this

SquedgieBeckenheim Fri 31-Mar-17 10:02:35

Sleeping on the sofa is the worst thing if you have pelvic pain! It won't give you any support. You need to be in bed with a pillow between your legs.
I had SPD in both pregnancies. Went immediately with DD1, DD2 is a month old and the SPD is better, but still there.

bangbangprettypretty Fri 31-Mar-17 10:50:45

Some great tips here! I'm crippled by it at the moment.

DaisyLou33 Fri 31-Mar-17 12:39:41

Thanks so much guys smile great tips. The problem with the pillow is I can't actually lay down to put a pillow between my legs, the minute I try its aging so can only sit up. Just seen the midwife who said I'm 3cm dilated and baby is right there ready to go, so fingers crossed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now