Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mixed emotions

(10 Posts)
dede124 Thu 30-Mar-17 17:51:21

So I'm 12 weeks pregnant today and I'v got all these mixed emotions about being pregnant one minute I'm happy then I feel sad and regret it and then I feel guilty for feeling that way.
Also hesitant about telling people it doesn't feel right to tell people yet is that normal? Even after my scan? My mum and close friends are so happy for me and I feel like iv got these expectations to be constantly over the moon which isn't the case.
My partner is so good and he is so excited so I don't feel like I can say this to him as I think he would be upset if he knew I felt this way. I know hormones play a huge part in how we feel but I just wanted some reassurance that I'm not going crazy confused
Xx

Scaredycat2016 Thu 30-Mar-17 18:38:47

You're not crazy.... I have been the sameand posted a v similar post when I was 12 weeks 😆 I was expecting this constant feeling of elation for 9 months...Not happened lol. I was still in total and utter shock at 12 weeks, now at 22 weeks I've progressed to mildly stunned, sometimes I actually even believe it's happening 😂 try not to be too hard on yourself, whatever you're feeling is OK xx

Scaredycat2016 Thu 30-Mar-17 18:40:44

Also, it's down to you who you tell. Very few people know I'm expecting... It's your personal choice isn't it. Xx

londonloves Thu 30-Mar-17 18:51:28

I'm 14 weeks and totally with you on this. Some days I'm terrified that life is over and I will never sleep again, let alone go travelling or to a gig... and other days I just can't wait to give up work, have my idyllic zen home birth (ahahaha) and snuggle my baby all day for a year. Hormones are mental. And then there are the days when I cry cos there's too much cheese in the supermarket and I'm not allowed to eat half of it!

dede124 Thu 30-Mar-17 18:58:43

Ah it's so good to hear I'm not alone @Scaredycat2016 @londonloves thanks you've made me feel more normal haha. I keep thinking I can't cope feeling like this for 9 whole months I want to actually enjoy being pregnant I always thought I would! X

londonloves Thu 30-Mar-17 19:12:37

I also sobbed inconsolably for about an hour after watching Beauty and the Beast because I'm not going to have adventures anymore and my boyfriend isn't hairy and masculine like the beast so can't possibly protect me and the baby! Actually sobbing. While walking through Westfield.

dede124 Thu 30-Mar-17 20:09:09

@londonloves grin lol! Bless you! I haven't dared to go and see beauty and the beast just in case I have a break down 😣

LokisSister Fri 31-Mar-17 00:03:37

I'm 31 weeks and sometimes I can go from feeling elated to feeling like I've made the biggest mistake of my life from one day to the next. I don't know if it's connected but these feelings seem to happen more around the time that I'd be due a period.

Scaredycat2016 Fri 31-Mar-17 07:12:29

Whatever you do don't watch Bridget Jones baby!!!!!! I was an absolute wreck after watching it haha.
I expected to think pregnancy was this glorious, wonderful experience in which I'd be in total awe of my amazing body...nope. I'm mainly in awe of how its possible to expand so rapidly haha. Xx

ethelfleda Fri 31-Mar-17 13:57:50

I'm only 7+1 but I've swung back and fourth! Baby is planned and we were trying for a few months but last weekend I sobbed and sobbed as I was feeling like I had totally ruined my life! I spoke to DH who is luckily very supportive and feel fine now. Just take one day at a time, wallow when you need to and enjoy it when you have a good day. And congrats flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now