Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36 weeks

(12 Posts)
Hayleyx Wed 29-Mar-17 21:00:25

Hello just wondering if anyone is around 36 weeks pregnant and suffering from pelvic pain! I've been getting these shooting pains deep in my pelvis shock does anyone know what it is? When it comes on I can't stand I have to sit down and it's unbearable! They don't last long, a couple a seconds but can come and go for 5-10 mins, I hope this is normal! Got my midwife appointment tomorrow so will ask her too! Thanks!

Happyandhungry Wed 29-Mar-17 21:22:09

Yeah its everything moving and expanding. I can only sleep with a pillow between my knees and ankles to keep my legs apart to relieve pressure on my lady garden. 38 weeks here!

DirtyDancing Wed 29-Mar-17 21:24:33

Yep.. 37 weeks here with no2 and terrible 'lightening crotch' I had it with no1 too. Ouch.. it's been so bad this time I have had to stop walking and sit down for a few moments a couple of times!

Here is some info: http://trimestertalk.com/lightning-crotch/

Hayleyx Wed 29-Mar-17 21:25:25

Oh god! I see! I'm sleeping with a pillow too so glamorous! When did the pain start for you?
Thanks for the reply!

Hayleyx Wed 29-Mar-17 21:26:20

Thanks for the link! Haven't heard that term before! But sounds about right shock

DirtyDancing Wed 29-Mar-17 21:32:34

I'm trying to remember, I think about 30- 32 weeks I had a few uncomfortable moments.. then fully kicked in at 34 weeks. How about you.

I remember going to meet a colleague for lunch and as I was walking the pain took my breath away. This week it actually feels slightly better.. but the baby is now sitting on my balder, I am sure, because I must have been to the loo 50 times today!!! grin

gigi556 Wed 29-Mar-17 21:47:04

OMG. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and had this once this week and once several weeks ago. I figured it was the baby moving positions. Does it get worse/more frequent?!

Hayleyx Wed 29-Mar-17 22:06:29

Mine started maybe a couple of weeks ago so 33/34 weeks and I would say it's got more often yeah! But not more painful as it's always been enough to taken my breath away! I wee constantly too more at night for some reason and I get so thirsty so it's a constant battle during the night! Along with drinking gaviscon haha confused When I wake in the night I can barely move as it's so sore I have to roll out of bed and limp to the loo! shock

DirtyDancing Thu 30-Mar-17 14:10:03

I'm limping too when I've been sat down for ages or wake up. Im really stiff and get a pain down my left side of my back and leg. Walking round like an old incontinent women!!! hmm

Hayleyx Thu 30-Mar-17 15:52:54

It's awful isn't it! Hoping you haven't got long left! I'm really hoping I'm not late couldn't think of anything worse confused
I had midwife this morning and she's referred me to the physio next week! But says baby is not engaged yet! Ahhh cmon baby ..

charlotte1990 Thu 30-Mar-17 22:34:18

I'm 36 weeks and have the shooting pains from time to time and they take my breathe away. Fingers crossed not too much longer left be glad to leave work Tuesday x

Hayleyx Sat 01-Apr-17 13:11:37

Wow charlotte can't believe your still working that's amazing! Good luck and hopefully not much longer! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now