Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Positive and Negative

(7 Posts)
user1490729595 Tue 28-Mar-17 20:44:07

Hi all,

Can anyone help me?

I've taken 6 home pregnancy tests recently, 4 have come back positive, two negative, I used water to test one the other was negative for myself, the other was a negative which was carried out with my doctor.

I used Clear Blue and Sainsburys tests.

I've taken pregnancy tests in the past and they have always come back negative, I've never had a false postivite before.

I'm also due my period in 3 days, I know I should be patient but the unknown is killing me.

Can someone please help maybe who has been in a similar situation?

Thanks so so much xx

allieb21 Tue 28-Mar-17 20:50:36

Well they say you can't get false positives but you can get false negatives. Could your wee have been diluted more so that's why negative?
Maybe wait a few days and go again x

Mummyme87 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:04:35

Which ones were negative and which ones positive? Sainsbury notorious for false positives

user1490729595 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:12:49

One clear blue was positive and the rest were sainburys. I have only ever used sainsburys tests and never have i gotten a positive, whereas this time round there are 4 positives with sainsburys.

Mummyme87 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:26:36

Avoid blue dye and go for FRER. They are pretty accurate if used properly and are pink dye. Also a clear blue digital should give you an answer at 6weeks. Two cycles ago I got what looked like a positive on sainsbury and clear blue about 4 tines...i wasn't pregnant

user1490729595 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:39:56

I tested first response there (i know too impatient and went to the shops) lol, came back positive with two pink lines. I wish i could attach a photo, just confused as the doctors this morning was negative ! Thanks for you advise x

SarahOoo Wed 29-Mar-17 11:55:46

PLEASE STOP TESTING!!! You are already going insane. Wait for your missed period and THEN test. I hope you do get the result you want 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: