Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive and Negative

(7 Posts)
user1490729595 Tue 28-Mar-17 20:44:07

Hi all,

Can anyone help me?

I've taken 6 home pregnancy tests recently, 4 have come back positive, two negative, I used water to test one the other was negative for myself, the other was a negative which was carried out with my doctor.

I used Clear Blue and Sainsburys tests.

I've taken pregnancy tests in the past and they have always come back negative, I've never had a false postivite before.

I'm also due my period in 3 days, I know I should be patient but the unknown is killing me.

Can someone please help maybe who has been in a similar situation?

Thanks so so much xx

allieb21 Tue 28-Mar-17 20:50:36

Well they say you can't get false positives but you can get false negatives. Could your wee have been diluted more so that's why negative?
Maybe wait a few days and go again x

Mummyme87 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:04:35

Which ones were negative and which ones positive? Sainsbury notorious for false positives

user1490729595 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:12:49

One clear blue was positive and the rest were sainburys. I have only ever used sainsburys tests and never have i gotten a positive, whereas this time round there are 4 positives with sainsburys.

Mummyme87 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:26:36

Avoid blue dye and go for FRER. They are pretty accurate if used properly and are pink dye. Also a clear blue digital should give you an answer at 6weeks. Two cycles ago I got what looked like a positive on sainsbury and clear blue about 4 tines...i wasn't pregnant

user1490729595 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:39:56

I tested first response there (i know too impatient and went to the shops) lol, came back positive with two pink lines. I wish i could attach a photo, just confused as the doctors this morning was negative ! Thanks for you advise x

SarahOoo Wed 29-Mar-17 11:55:46

PLEASE STOP TESTING!!! You are already going insane. Wait for your missed period and THEN test. I hope you do get the result you want 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now