Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Summer with compression stockings

(5 Posts)
Sundaygal Tue 28-Mar-17 17:05:59

With warmer weather hopefully on the horizon, I was curious how others are dealing with compression stocking legs... I've had a massive DVT & PE in early pregnancy so have to wear them morning & night. Not only are they "super cute" if you catch a glimpse of them but they also have caused my legs to come out with little bumps - ingrown hairs and all sorts of gloriousness!

With colder weather it hasn't been much of an issue as my legs are covered, but generally in summer I live in dresses, shorts, sandals etc. Any bril ideas to survive summer with compression stockings and not be totally strange looking?

TwinkleStars15 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:32:02

I also had a massive DVT and PE in early pregnancy, I'm now 27 weeks. Although I got stockings from the GP my consultant doesn't really think they do much so I have to be honest and say that I don't wear them much. If I have jeans or trousers on I'll wear it but if I've got tights or a dress I won't. Not much help I know!
I'd be interested to hear your story though (if you're happy to share of course) What are they saying about your birth etc? I've been told no home birth, no water birth, probable induction, likelihood of bleeding etc. Are you on Clexane injections? x

Sparklyuggs Tue 28-Mar-17 17:44:36

I have a circulatory system disorder and need to wear compression tights, so I've been wondering this too. I wfh most of the time so thought I could wear them at home with just a top then take them off to go out in public?

GreedyDuck Tue 28-Mar-17 18:58:37

Poor you. No suggestions I'm afraid, except nice loose billowy cotton pyjama or harem style trousers? My poor dad has very bad lymphodema in one leg and has to wear a stocking. He just sweats it out in the summer, but he's 84 and was never a big shorts fan.

Sundaygal Tue 28-Mar-17 19:40:36

Thanks for the replies. Here I was thinking I was saving my life wearing them religiously ... I may ease up a bit then if it gets too warm! Harem trousers - hmmm never tried them but may have to give em a go.

My story re birth plan etc: I'm 28 weeks pregnant now, and the plan with consultants for now is to monitor and see if I'm symptomatic closer to time. No home birth, no water birth but are hoping I can go into labour spontaneously - though on the labour ward. I'm am on Fragmin injections 2x a day, so advised to stop if have any labour pains and call them. If things change they may suggest an induction but as I've had 2 previous spontaneous births with no interventions they are happy with this plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now