Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

This can't be right can it? 6+3 weeks pregnant and feeling better than ever!

(5 Posts)
testytesting Tue 28-Mar-17 13:30:18

I know this has been done to death, but I am not sure what to do.

I am 6 and a bit weeks pregnant with my third DC and I feel absolutely fine! The only symptom I have is slightly sore boobs, but that is hardly noticeable. Otherwise, I would truly have no idea that I am pregnant. I know that this isn't necessarily unusual, but it is for me - in previous pregnancies (I've had more than two) I have always felt very sick, tired, etc.

I lost a baby last year at 13 weeks to a chromosomal disorder, which was pretty awful. I am also 43 and know that the chances of it working out are low. Instinct tells me something is wrong. This is all made more difficult because I swing between desperately wanting this baby and total panic about every single aspect of it (my age, money, other kids feelings, my career, DH's stress levels, everything).

Is it worth asking for an early scan? Or do I just sit and wait it out?

EdgarAllenPoe Tue 28-Mar-17 14:46:04

I hope this works out however you want. I wouldn't read too much into symptom spotting at this stage. I was astonished to find myself vomiting this morning - never happened once with my first. Just goes to show every pregnancy is different. I'm 6w+4d.

I doubt they'll give you an early scan, it's usually reserved for bleeding or previous problems like an ectopic pregnancy. But you can ask. Peace of mind isn't usually a reason the NHS will go for though since nearly everyone would go for that. The 12 week scan seems an age away!

I hope it works out for you. My gran had my mum aged nearly 46. It can happen.

GreedyDuck Tue 28-Mar-17 16:19:31

My EPU is actually very understanding about early scans to relieve anxiety, particularly if you've had a previous loss. I am also 43 and had a mmc in December. I am now pregnant again and have had two reassurance scans at the EPU so far. They've discharged me today at nine weeks.

I would say, if you can self refer then do so, they can only say no. Mental wellbeing is just as important as physical. Good luck.

testytesting Tue 28-Mar-17 16:30:42

Thanks so much for responding both of you. Lovely to hear about your gran Edgar - hope you don't feel sick for long! And really good luck for the rest of your pregnancy GreedyDuck. I just don't know - on the one hand I think that reassurance (if it was in fact reassuring iykwim) would be good, but on the other hand also know that an OK scan now would not necessarily suggest an OK scan at 12 weeks. God, this period is awful (while acknowledging how lucky I am to have my two DC and be pregnant at all)!

Wombletor Tue 28-Mar-17 20:41:48

Hi
I'm 43 too, just got a bfp yesterday. Sorry for your loss last year, its understandable that you are worried. I've had MCs previously, and my local Epu are very supportive and accommodating. Call them, for peace of mind. Take care x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now