Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I be worried?!

(8 Posts)
emilyjayne5 Tue 28-Mar-17 11:47:24

I'm 31week and 2 days and it feel like my belly has deflated! I'm measuring 2 weeks over but I'm just worrying because baby movements aren't as strong as they normally are and I'm feeling rubbish within myself 😩
Should I be worried?!

GreedyDuck Tue 28-Mar-17 11:55:38

If you're asking on here you clearly are worried!

I would ring the hospital, and see if you can go in for monitoring to set your mind at ease, you should have the appropriate phone number in your notes.

Nobody on the internet can tell you if your baby is ok or not.

Heratnumber7 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:01:17

Tummy might feel deflated because the baby's head has engaged, meaning the baby is lower.
And you'll be feeling less movement because the baby is bigger and has less room to move around.

maybefallingapart Tue 28-Mar-17 12:10:02

Absolute rubbish. You do not feel less movement as baby gets bigger. I had twins that totalled 16lb and never once had reduced movement. Less movement could just mean a sleepy baby. Have a cold drink to try and wake him (or her) up. Lie down on your left side to improve blood flow to your uterus. If you are AT ALL concerned then call your midwife and they will happily check you over and put a trace on to check all is fine with baby. They would much rather you went in and all is absolutely fine than you stay at home worrying

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 28-Mar-17 12:15:53

Many reasons you might be feeling baby move less etc but you wont know if the reason is one for concern or not unless you ask your midwife. Drop your midwife a call or text. She will probably get you to go to triage just to put your mind at ease. They will listen to your concerns seriously because you know your baby and what's normal or not. Good luck x

TeaTeaTea Tue 28-Mar-17 12:16:17

My belly change shape, could say looked less 'protruding' as baby engaged but the movements weren't any less. I'd play on side of caution and give your midwife a call.

sweetchilli77 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:17:11

im 35 week, i don't look as bloated but thats because baby has dropped. Movements shouldn't slow down, change in pattern maybe but not slow down.

My movements are different then i was at say 25-30 week. Its about ensuring you have a regular pattern of movements.
Like PP says, if your posting on here, your obviously worried. Give your midwife a call.
DO NOT let anyone tell you though that your movements should be less because your at a certain stage of pregnancy.

DaisyS91 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:38:27

Just parroting what PP have said. I've had lots of older people try and tell me that there is less movement because the baby is bigger. My midwife said movements might feel slightly different because she isn't doing backflips in there anymore but they should still be following the same pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now