Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Which bottles are the best?

(11 Posts)
user1481490957 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:08:10

Hi all, I plan on breastfeeding however with flat/inverted nipples i've been told that it may prove more difficult. I plan on combine feeding from 3 months plus even if breast goes well. Ive bought lots of Tommee tippee bottles but have been told MAM are the better brand. Which bottles did you find the best? Thanks in advance

SmokyDepths Mon 27-Mar-17 21:11:00

I found dr browns invaluable. So worth it! And when my child became over 1 year began using tommee tipped smile

cookielove Mon 27-Mar-17 21:11:40

It depends on the baby, ultimately it's what they baby will take!

Eminybob Mon 27-Mar-17 21:15:21

I didn't buy any bottles initially, but the I bought a tommee tippee breast pump and it came with a little tommee tippee bottle which I used occasionally. I never teally took to expressing though it wasn't used that much. DS got on fine with it.
Then when I started giving formula at about 8 months I bought a couple of Phillips avent bottles as they were on special offer and ds was fine with those too.

I was probably lucky with ds he is quite laid back but I believe some babies take differently to different bottles. Not much help sorry!

user1481490957 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:28:01

Thanks all, I guess I will just stick with tommee tippee for now and see how baby gets on with them

ColourfulOrangex Tue 28-Mar-17 07:45:25

I used Tommee tippee closer to nature with my son (hes 6 now) and i plan on using them this tjme too

ColourfulOrangex Tue 28-Mar-17 07:45:50

*time

welshweasel Tue 28-Mar-17 07:49:34

We started with TT and switched to MAM. The benefit of MAM is that they are anti colic, far easier to clean and self sterilise in the microwave.

guinnessgirl Tue 28-Mar-17 07:50:08

We used Tommee Tippee with DS1, and Nuk with DS2. I found Nuk better, but had to buy them online as shops don't stock them here.

xlaura Tue 28-Mar-17 08:39:18

A few of my friends who have recently had newborns started with Tomee Tippee but it didn't suit. They all switched to either MAM and have never looked back. The teets are like a nipple and them being anti-colic has saved a lot of nursing.

As welshweasel said they sterlise in the microwave in 3 mins so super convenient too. I have actually got 3 starter boxes ready for when I have a baby (TTC from May) but Argos had a really good baby event on so got them a little early haha!

Also know people that used NUK but I found the flow was exceptionally fast even for a slow teat and the milk ended up on baby's face before I even got the teat in their mouth haha!

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Tue 28-Mar-17 10:36:04

I used TT with both of mine. They do make an anti colic version.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now