Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Poddle Pods - worth the money?

(11 Posts)
JOMH1982 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:19:01

Hi All,

As the title says really, has anyone used one and did you find it useful? Did you use it instead of a bouncer? Just wondering if you would "need" both?
J xx

GreyBird84 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:02:52

I had both - totally different to one another.

DS grew out of the poddle pod around 3 months if not earlier but bouncer lasted longer. I used poddle pod for daytime naps & it was super.

I would def have both if you can afford it.

loztredders Tue 28-Mar-17 09:51:59

We used a toddle pod which is the next size up from the poddle. It was brilliant!
DD seemed to prefer it a lot more than her bouncer.
DD2 will be here soon and I will use it again for naps downstairs. I've also bought a second hand swing this time though and not bothered with a bouncer

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 28-Mar-17 10:46:37

Just remember the advice is for babies not to sleep in these or be left unattended due to risk of suffocation and over heating x

10Betty10 Tue 28-Mar-17 11:43:54

Check the NHS and Lullaby Trust website for more info- I know they're popular and look lovely and comfy, but personally I wouldn't take that risk.

BakerBear Tue 28-Mar-17 11:46:39

The problem with these is that the baby is not straight and flat in them. Their necks are at a funny angle when they are suppose to be flat thats why i decided against one.

I got a nap mat instead.

Lemondrop09 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:21:29

Are Sleepyheads a better option? They seem to be designed for sleeping in.

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 28-Mar-17 12:25:26

They are still classed as what the nhs calls a "baby nest" and are not recommended for babies to sleep in. X

GreyBird84 Tue 28-Mar-17 13:09:09

Is the recommendations not to leave -any child 6 months & under sleeping at any time unsupervised?

DS napped in the poodle pod beside me on the sofa.

allegretto Tue 28-Mar-17 13:13:43

They look cute but I just used to put my twins on the floor on a blanket during the day and they slept fine!

NapQueen Tue 28-Mar-17 13:15:14

What about a Tiny Love 3 in 1 Napper?

Lasted til 8mo with mine. Perfect for daytime sleeping, and as a rocker etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now