Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Poddle Pods - worth the money?

(11 Posts)
JOMH1982 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:19:01

Hi All,

As the title says really, has anyone used one and did you find it useful? Did you use it instead of a bouncer? Just wondering if you would "need" both?
TIA!
J xx

GreyBird84 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:02:52

I had both - totally different to one another.

DS grew out of the poddle pod around 3 months if not earlier but bouncer lasted longer. I used poddle pod for daytime naps & it was super.

I would def have both if you can afford it.

loztredders Tue 28-Mar-17 09:51:59

We used a toddle pod which is the next size up from the poddle. It was brilliant!
DD seemed to prefer it a lot more than her bouncer.
DD2 will be here soon and I will use it again for naps downstairs. I've also bought a second hand swing this time though and not bothered with a bouncer

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 28-Mar-17 10:46:37

Just remember the advice is for babies not to sleep in these or be left unattended due to risk of suffocation and over heating x

10Betty10 Tue 28-Mar-17 11:43:54

^This

Check the NHS and Lullaby Trust website for more info- I know they're popular and look lovely and comfy, but personally I wouldn't take that risk.

BakerBear Tue 28-Mar-17 11:46:39

The problem with these is that the baby is not straight and flat in them. Their necks are at a funny angle when they are suppose to be flat thats why i decided against one.

I got a nap mat instead.

Lemondrop09 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:21:29

Are Sleepyheads a better option? They seem to be designed for sleeping in.

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 28-Mar-17 12:25:26

They are still classed as what the nhs calls a "baby nest" and are not recommended for babies to sleep in. X

GreyBird84 Tue 28-Mar-17 13:09:09

Is the recommendations not to leave -any child 6 months & under sleeping at any time unsupervised?

DS napped in the poodle pod beside me on the sofa.

allegretto Tue 28-Mar-17 13:13:43

They look cute but I just used to put my twins on the floor on a blanket during the day and they slept fine!

NapQueen Tue 28-Mar-17 13:15:14

What about a Tiny Love 3 in 1 Napper?

Lasted til 8mo with mine. Perfect for daytime sleeping, and as a rocker etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now