Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 6 weeks-advice please

(19 Posts)
irishlass1234 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:14:55

Hello, I am hoping for some advice.
I woke up this morning with quite a lot of blood on underwear, about a pantyliner full. It has pretty much stopped since, but still a tiny bit when I wipe. I have had some cramps on and off today. I will be 7 weeks on Friday, this is my first pregnancy. I am 27.
I have a scan booked in tomorrow to check all is ok, but I just wondered if anyone could put my mind at rest as I'm getting a bit concerned.

Has anyone has similar and all turned out ok? Many thanks

OMGBecky Mon 27-Mar-17 16:27:04

I had that...it was implantation bleeding. I didn't actually realize I was pregnant at the time and thought it was just a lighter than usual period. It was only when the morning sickness kicked in that I took a pregnancy test and found out. When I asked the doctor about the bleeding he said it was very common. Best of luck to you for a healthy pregnancy flowers

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:30:56

Implantation bleeding at 6 weeks? I thought it was earlier than that? I really hope that's what it was! Thank you for your reply

MontePulciana Mon 27-Mar-17 16:33:14

Red blood or spotting/brown? Generally bright red blood could be serious. But a bit of spotting is normal at this stage - I had it with both my successful pregnancies. My second pregnancy resulted in miscarriage at 12 weeks, began with red blood.

amymel2016 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:35:14

I bled at 7.5 weeks, sounds like a similar amount. I went in for a scan the next day & all was ok (I'm 27 weeks now), they couldn't find any reason. I saw a gynaecologist a few weeks ago for another matter & when I said I bled at the start he said is incredibly common & usually there no reason. I hope all goes ok for you flowers

OMGBecky Mon 27-Mar-17 16:35:47

Forgot to add just for clarification...it all ended in a heathy baby!

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:41:18

Well it was mostly pinky/brown with one tiny red clot (literally 1mm by 1mm) and then it's basically only a pink smear on the tissue when I wipe now, pretty much stopped since this morning. Some cramping this morning but it's gone now too. I'm having a rest in bed and just hoping it's good news tomorrow at the scan. Thanks for the reassuring replies, it's
Such a worrying time right now!

OMGBecky Mon 27-Mar-17 16:41:24

Definitely had the cramping too, with both my pregnancies. Each one resulted in heathy babies. The cramping always stressed me out so much though! I know some people love being pregnant, I just found it to be nine months of constant worrying.

Hollyhop17 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:46:36

Without asking for tmi had you had sex recently? I had a big bleed at 10 weeks which was a result of having sex, it was ectropian (sp?) So we had bothered my cervix basically. It was very scary and I did suffer a further big bleed a few days later, obviously we have abstained since the first bleed, but no cause given. I am now 23+5 and all ok on my anomaly scan. Fingers crossed and good luck.

DuRezidal Mon 27-Mar-17 18:08:39

From what I've been told my Mw it can also be the placenta snuggling in too.

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:14:17

I had sex last Wednesday, so it's been a while? Thank you for all your replies, you seem to know exactly what to say to put my mind at ease!

PTphonehome Mon 27-Mar-17 21:33:52

Im 7 weeks tomorrow and had bleeding on Thursday. Got an early scan on Saturday and was able to see ring baby and heartbeat. No signs of why there had been bleeding. Since Thursday I've had pinky/brown blood on wiping on and off but nothing on my underwear. I've had cramps since before my bfp.
Fingers ctossed for you x

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:53:26

Thank you. I hope all goes well for the rest of your pregnancy.

ScarletSienna Mon 27-Mar-17 21:57:07

Until I was pregnant, I had no idea so many people bled at some point in pregnancy. The doctors told me it is far more common than you'd think. I found out when I did, that my mum bled for the first 4 months whilst pregnant with me so didn't realise she was even pregnant!

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:29:25

Can I ask you ladies long you bled for, and approx how much blood there was, and what colour? And if it was constant or more stop/start? Sorry for the overload, I am just a bit concerned tonight. Went for a shower and it seems to be starting again, more reddish this time. confusedsad

irishlass1234 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:17:07

All seems ok. Just had a scan, and like pp, midwife said probably old implantation bleeding worked its way down. Am so relieved, thanks for all your helpful replies.

ScarletSienna Tue 28-Mar-17 12:19:38

I was just replying to your post from last night but phone froze. I'm so pleased to hear good news! I bled on and off until 14 weeks and felt stressed the whole time. Hopefully yours will stop soon if it's implantation bleeding. Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy flowers

Nospringflower Tue 28-Mar-17 16:10:07

Aww that must be such a relief! Glad to hear it was good news.

irishlass1234 Tue 28-Mar-17 16:23:48

Relief wasn't even the word!! She said "oh look, there's the heartbeat!" And I just burst into tears! My husband was a bit stunned I think, he was expecting me to be happy and here I was crying! I did explain it was happy tears! Totally chuffed now though. Thanks to you all for your calming replies, you have no idea how much I needed them last night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now