Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best affordable double pram?

(14 Posts)
Snowflakes1122 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:39:42

Looking for a double pram (ideally one that converts from double to single too) but doesn't cost the earth!
We paid £1300 for a peach with my ds a couple of years back (sold it since) and whilst it was lovely, I question spending that much money again.
Any suggestions for a 2 year old and new baby?

SallyInSweden Mon 27-Mar-17 11:42:23

We had a babyJogger city select and loved it.
I would advise buying one secondhand. The are excellent and hold their value. Mine got a lot of hard use (think on cobbles, everyday with 2year old twins and more often than not a four year old on the handle)!

GidgetMems Mon 27-Mar-17 12:37:09

I had a britax b dual, fab pushchair. Very adaptable!

Nannplum666 Mon 27-Mar-17 12:38:20

We have a Baby Jogger City select GT and love it. Both toddlers now so minimal use and I will be selling it on shortly.

Coreynkayden Mon 27-Mar-17 14:08:08

Ebay has some decent double pushchairs really cheap tooo might be worth having a look smile

Orangebird69 Mon 27-Mar-17 14:10:40

Baby Jogger, second hand. They really hold their value too.

Sparklyuggs Mon 27-Mar-17 14:11:33

Icandy are bringing out the orange pram which is a double and less expensive than the peach. I'm waiting for it to be released in early May.

VeganMama83 Mon 27-Mar-17 14:12:27

I had an out and about nipper double and it was fab to push but this time got a bugaboo donkey. Pricey new but generally for £600-£800 secondhand and usually come with lots of accessories.

It's fab that it goes from single to double and I love the amount of storage it has

Heatherbell1978 Mon 27-Mar-17 14:18:23

I've just bought a Mountain Buggy Duet for my newborn and 2 yr old. On offer at John Lewis for £474. Been out once and love it! You can take one seat off and put a shopping thing in if you want

Minispringroll Mon 27-Mar-17 14:42:17

We've got a Phil and Teds Sport as our "second" pushchair (for air travel, holidays...). Got it off ebay for £70. It can be converted to a double, if needed. We've only got DS at the moment, so not had to do that, yet. It's a few years old but it pushes quite nicely and works on the beach as well, which was important to me.
Our main pushchair is a Jane Trider. That's only a single, though.

RedCrab Mon 27-Mar-17 15:16:18

I have the Hauck Duett that converts from a single to a tandem - comes with an added seat. It was £250.

The Obaby Zezu does the same and is a slightly better buggy - better terrain wheels but a smaller basket than the Hauck. They're both pretty much the same. The Obaby is around £250 I think. I have both and found them great. The City Select is like steering a tugboat!

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B013BTPZ6K/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile?tag=mumsnetforum-21

HN42 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:49:58

I'm looking at the mountain buggy duet at the moment purely on the basis of its designed to fit through almost any door - all the others I've looked at do not fit through our front or back door as they are above 75cm in width. We also discovered you can buy a 'cocoon' for baby so that baby can lie facing you in the stroller and that costs about £50. I also like the fact it can be used both in the city and in rougher terrain such as forests so if we buy it can still go on walks with my family in the countryside without worrying about our buggy being no good.

Snowflakes1122 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:53:59

Thanks! Some great suggestions.

Will get looking smile

cornflakes91 Tue 28-Mar-17 11:39:39

I had 17 months between my first and second a few years ago and tried a few different pushchairs and my absolute favourite was my silver cross pop duo. Bought it second hand and sold it for almost as much as I bought it for a year later when my eldest was walking everywhere. Easy to use, both seats recline all the way, big baskets under both seats. Despite being a side by side it fitted through most doorways and was much easier to maneuverer than the tandems I tried because the weight was more easily distributed rather than the toddler being at the front/on the top making them hard to get up curbs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now