Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many baby grows needed??

(11 Posts)
TwinkleStars15 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:29:37

First baby - how many baby grows should I have?? I have a couple of newborn size and about 10 'up to 3 months' xx

Mothercoco Mon 27-Mar-17 11:30:26

That will be plenty. You will find you get bought some and then want to buy even more when the baby arrives anyway

Dueindecember2016 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:13:16

Our daughter was in first size until 1 month old and up to one month up to month 2. It really depends on the baby and sometimes weight doesn't come into it.

I had first size and up to 1 month ready in sandwich bags packed in my hospital bag for ease

Wait4nothing Mon 27-Mar-17 17:22:15

I'd say that's enough before the baby gets here - if they are very sickly or small enough to need newborn for longer you may need a few more but you may be gifted some and if not they are readily available.

TiltedNewt Mon 27-Mar-17 17:24:59

And in comparison my DS was too big for first size when he was born and up to 3 months lasted until he was maybe 6 weeks at most.

You can always buy more after if needed.

IMissGin Mon 27-Mar-17 17:26:06

Depends on size of baby. Mine were in small baby/newborn/up to 1month for 6 weeks. We had lots more that that, and a million muslins. Also depends how on top of your washing you're likely to be

TwinkleStars15 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:53:16

Thanks ladies - I haven't bought any 'up to 1 month' and the 'up to 3 months' look quite big for a newborn? Maybe I'll get one or two up to 1 month... Really does depend on how small/big she is and how quickly she grows doesn't it?!

Sparklyuggs Mon 27-Mar-17 21:22:56

Someone suggested buying a multipack in the supermarket and keeping them in the bag and the receipt so if you have a long or short baby you can return and buy the appropriate size? Charity shops are fab for baby clothes, and I got 10 sleepsuits and 10 bodysuits on a Facebook selling group for £5. At that price I can handle them not being used or barely used.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 27-Mar-17 21:50:37

Depends on how prone your baby is to poo/vomit explosions and how often you wash clothes and how long they take to dry. I think I had about a dozen in newborn /1 month and more in 0-3 but with access to an hour long wash cycle and tumble dryer.

If you're frugal, nothing terrible will happen if your baby is in a slightly too big babygrow for a day.

SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 27-Mar-17 21:59:21

My DD2 is in "tiny baby" (up to 7.5lbs) and is 4 weeks old. We have 10 sleepsuits in this size and it's enough, but we do do laundry every other day. We've got more sleepsuits (15) in up to 1 month and loads in 0-3 months! Some have been bought as gifts, the rest are hand me downs from her older cousin and big sister.
If you buy more before baby arrives, keep in the packaging so they can be exchanged once you know what sizes you need.

champagneplanet Mon 27-Mar-17 22:03:08

Check the weight on the newborn label, it may be wise to get some up to 1 month or larger newborn ones too. I've bought a selection this time as when DD was born although she was 7lb 5oz her legs were (and still are) very long so DH had to bring in extra suits to hospital and I spent a few days rotating the same three babygros!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now