Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possible food poisoning - 10 weeks pregnant

(4 Posts)
Cosmo89 Mon 27-Mar-17 09:56:26

I wasn't as vigilant as I normally am making bolognese yesterday. Used the same spatula in early cooking phase with uncooked mince - then left it on side and used it at end. Think I even tasted using it. I'm usually hyper paranoid but so tired at the moment I forgot.

I've been sick (not much) in the night and feel more on the way. I've been suffering from bad nausea for 3 weeks but not yet been sick. I guess it cohjd just be pregnancy related but I've got a sense that down below isn't going to be good either...

I'm slightly worried about it. And possible harm to the foetus. I may be being overly precious but could do with some other experiences to give me a sense of perspective.... anyone out there?

TeddyIsaHe Mon 27-Mar-17 10:01:29

I think it will be pregnancy related nausea. If you stirred with the spoon in the boiling sauce the bacteria will likely have been killed off. Keep an eye on it, if you have a temperature and/or diarrhoea then give your gp a call to get checked out. But don't think you're being over precious, I worried about absolutely everything when I was pregnant, and lived by the mantra that I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hope you feel better soon, and congratulations!

cantthinkofagoodone24 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:07:26

Think it's highly unlikely to be food poisoning from the spatula.

Most likely pregnancy related especially if you been feeling sick. Could also be a bug. Either way keep well hydrated and don't worry baby will be fine - your body prioritises baby over you!

Cosmo89 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:07:43

Thanks guys. That's made me feel so much better. Will keep an eye on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now