Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Night sweats early pregancy?

(7 Posts)
NovemberBaby2017 Mon 27-Mar-17 09:53:03

Hi everyone, I'm only 5 weeks pregnant but having terrible night sweats. Waking up in early hours soaked. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Maybe in other pregnancies? This is my first time pregnant.
Thanks

TeddyIsaHe Mon 27-Mar-17 09:56:53

I had terrible night sweats until about 12 weeks, and they then came back with a vengeance once I'd given birth. Tailed off around 2 weeks after I'd had dd. I think it's probably something to do with your body getting used to all the hormones flying around. Pregancy is so lovely sometimes! grin

NovemberBaby2017 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:50:28

@TeddyIsaHe thank you for the reassurance its normal

shakeyospeare Mon 27-Mar-17 12:11:36

Yes! It's horrible. I slept on a towel during my last pregnancy - I'm about 6 weeks and the towel has already made a return...!

NovemberBaby2017 Mon 27-Mar-17 12:22:54

@shakeyospeare thank you thats made me feel so much better! Congratualtions. Not much between us in dates.

shakeyospeare Mon 27-Mar-17 12:32:02

Congratulations to you, too! smile

I'll be purchasing a fan for our bedroom soon - last time I was due at the end of August and I was like a beached whale! Hopefully, I'll be more dignified with an autumn/winter bump.

EpoxyResin Mon 27-Mar-17 13:12:07

Yep, normal for me! Didn't stop me freaking out every morning thinking "oh god, did I overheat??" but apparently it's just the wonderful hormones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now